Go get ________________________________

Bahama O's Fan

2 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

What worries me is that Elias has already known about this.  So the Burnes trade was the reactionary move.  

I doubt it. It was pretty clear from the beginning of the winter that Elias wanted to acquire a TOR starter, and I believe him that Burnes was his preference from the get go. 

Just like the Burnes trade wasn't actually related to the ownership change, I think it's not related to the Bradish injury. 

Edited by Spy Fox
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Spy Fox said:

I doubt it. It was pretty clear from the beginning of the winter that Elias wanted to acquire a TOR starter, and I believe him that Burnes was his preference from the get go. 

Just like the Burnes trade wasn't actually related to the ownership change, I think it's not related to the Bradish injury. 

I believe this to be true as well. What I can't believe is Elias know about Bradish and hasn't done anything else. I think there's something he's not telling us with all of this. He's been working on trying to find a replacement and nothing has landed yet.

It really depends on how bad this Bradish injury REALLY is. If he's back in May, then I'm in on Lorenzen as he's a guy (like Wells and Irvin) that can start or relieve and has experience in both. If not, I want to shoot higher. 

7 minutes ago, spleen1015 said:

I believe this to be true as well. What I can't believe is Elias know about Bradish and hasn't done anything else. I think there's something he's not telling us with all of this. He's been working on trying to find a replacement and nothing has landed yet.

Does Elias have the budget to sign a FA SP?  Even one of Clevenger, Lorenzen, or Ryu? 

47 minutes ago, ThisIsBirdland said:

I believe @Frobby listed projected arbitration increases for our core 10 players would exceed our current top 10 players by about $20m or so four years from now. If that's where payrolls are going (and they should be) I'd like to see them go ahead and make that payroll jump to +/- $120m starting this year and giving Montgomery +/-$25m a year. His contract would come off the books as you'd need to start paying $25m+ to Adley/Gunnar/Holliday.

My projection for the cost of our top 10 younger players was:

2024 $10 mm

2025 $21 mm

2026 $46 mm

2027 $89 mm

This did not include our current outfielders, Mountcastle or veteran pitchers.  Just Rutschman, Henderson, Holliday, Westburg, Cowser, Kjerstad, Bradish, Rodriguez, Kremer and Bautista, assuming none of those guys are traded.   

38 minutes ago, spleen1015 said:

I think it's pretty widely known that there's a LOT that Elias doesn't tell us.  That how he rolls.

1 hour ago, interloper said:

I'm taking Getz at his word that Cease is their opening day starter. 

Therefore, I'm going to sign Lorenzen to a 2/$24 deal. He would help a lot, especially when it comes to not having to vulture guys from the bullpen. At some point, Lorenzen can go to the bullpen since he's done that before. 2 year deal protects you because next year Burnes is gone, Means is gone, and Bradish may or may not be under recovering from TJS. 

Why would you give him the second guaranteed year?  

Bieber and Karinchak from Cleveland.  Maybe for Hays or Santander or Mountcastle and a mid prospect

Cease for Westburg, Povich and Beavers

sign Matt Chapman for 3rd for 2 years

Burnes

Cease

Rodriguez

Bieber

Kremer/Means/Bradish

Kimbrel

Cano

Karinchak

Perez

Wells

Culombe

Tate

Irvin

Rutschman

Mountcastle

Holliday

Henderson

Chapman

Hays/Santander

Mullins

Cowser

Kjerstand

McCann

Mateo

Urias

Stowers

O’Hearn

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Why would you give him the second guaranteed year?  

For the reasons that I stated in the post: Means and Burnes are gone next year, Bradish may be gone as well, and there are holes in the bullpen. Lorenzen just protects you next year in a variety of ways. Don't get me wrong, I'd take him on a 1-year deal.