Go get ________________________________

Bahama O's Fan

2 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

I'm trying to remain positive. Trading for Burnes with the 2 injuries and setbacks doesn't make sense. They still need another pitcher if they have any hopes to keep pace in the AL.

This is silly. Our season didn’t suddenly go kaput. We’re still very likely to make the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, RVAOsFan said:

You think they will do something more than Lorenzen? I don't know, he kind of seems like best case scenario right now unless Elias has another trade up his sleeve.

No, I don't think they'll do something more than Lorenzen.  

Like I said, Lorenzen would be underwhelming.  Gives us another starter, but not a starter that's a huge difference maker.  

Quite frankly, I'm just hoping the Yankees don't sign Snell but I have a sneaking suspicion that that's exactly what'll happen and we'll counter with Lorenzen or someone else that doesn't move the needle a whole lot.

56 minutes ago, dystopia said:

This is silly. Our season didn’t suddenly go kaput. We’re still very likely to make the playoffs. 

I don't know that I implied that. However, it would be foolish to think Burnes will be able to just replace Bradish, and then nothing to replace Gibson's innings. On top of that, hope that Grayson is the second half Grayson all year. 

I'd love to see them sign someone like Snell or Montgomery, but adding a BP pitcher or maybe Lorenzen would help get through some innings until Means gets back.

If we don't get any help to cover the rotation injuries, then the best case scenario we can hope for is that Irvin is the 2nd half Irvin that pitched well, and that Wells is the first half Wells who was one of the best WHIP pitchers in MLB. (We also have to hope that Wells doesn't give up as many home runs.)