Go get ________________________________

Bahama O's Fan

I'm taking Getz at his word that Cease is their opening day starter. 

Therefore, I'm going to sign Lorenzen to a 2/$24 deal. He would help a lot, especially when it comes to not having to vulture guys from the bullpen. At some point, Lorenzen can go to the bullpen since he's done that before. 2 year deal protects you because next year Burnes is gone, Means is gone, and Bradish may or may not be under recovering from TJS. 

1 minute ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

With the pitching injuries, who do you advocate going and getting (including paying their asking price: contract or trade)? Do you think we should do nothing and trust our guys? Who do you realistically think will target, if any?

I believe @Frobby listed projected arbitration increases for our core 10 players would exceed our current top 10 players by about $20m or so four years from now. If that's where payrolls are going (and they should be) I'd like to see them go ahead and make that payroll jump to +/- $120m starting this year and giving Montgomery +/-$25m a year. His contract would come off the books as you'd need to start paying $25m+ to Adley/Gunnar/Holliday.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Spy Fox said:

Ryu 1/10 or something if they go the FA route. 

One of the Marlins guys if they go the trade route.

It doesn't seem like ANYbody is in on Ryu. You would think he'd be easy to grab. Familiar with the division, LF wall, etc. 

I've always been of the opinion that we needed another guy BEFORE Bradish's injury.   I don't trust Means to be a dependable starter.   I still think they need to make a trade and sign a guy that can start or be in the pen.   I'm not a big fan of Lorenzen, but he fits that mold as the #5 guy, then could slide back to the bullpen if needed.

1 minute ago, sportsfan8703 said:

What worries me is that Elias has already known about this.  So the Burnes trade was the reactionary move.  

He said they had been working on the deal since November so I don't think it was reactionary. Good on Elias for keeping Bradish's injury under wraps and not giving up leverage.