Spring Training Recaps

cboemmeljr

Wait! What is Duquette doing there? His story is an interesting one. Did a good job for teams in the past. Was let go by Boston and couldn't get a job for nine years. Comes to the O's and makes them relevant again. Was considered for the Blue Jays president, but the O's don't let him out of his contract. In 2018, his contract runs out, and then he can't get a job again. He's got to be better than some of the GM's out there, right? I will always appreciate the work he did for us and making Baltimore baseball fun again. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

On 3/3/2024 at 7:39 AM, Bahama O's Fan said:

Wait! What is Duquette doing there?

I wouldn’t be surprised if Elias invited him down as a courtesy.  Elias has been pretty generous in giving Duquette credit for the guys on the team from his regime (Hays, Santander, GRod, etc.).   

• Upvote 1

On 3/3/2024 at 7:39 AM, Bahama O's Fan said:

Wait! What is Duquette doing there? His story is an interesting one. Did a good job for teams in the past. Was let go by Boston and couldn't get a job for nine years.

*Helped found and was the initial Director of the Israeli Baseball League. 

Comes to the O's and makes them relevant again. Was considered for the Blue Jays president, but the O's don't let him out of his contract. In 2018, his contract runs out, and then he can't get a job again. He's got to be better than some of the GM's out there, right? I will always appreciate the work he did for us and making Baltimore baseball fun again. 

Very interesting man to say the least.