Oriolea moving to a more expensive cable package on Comcast

Anything stopping someone from cutting that package after regular season is over?

i have DirecTV so it doesn’t impact me but sounds like first 3 months are free and then it’s $10 more. So for $30 could you just drop it after the regular season is done? 

I know that the Spring Training broadcast schedule was made in advance but in my opinion, today's MASN broadcast is just bad optics.

A week after finding out that MASN is charging Comcast rights fees that have fans paying $7/month more (and a higher tier) today's broadcast is our guys watching/calling the Yankees Yes Network feed.  They (Geoff Arnold) were in Sarasota yesterday to call the game after all.

18 hours ago, eddie83 said:

Anything stopping someone from cutting that package after regular season is over?

i have DirecTV so it doesn’t impact me but sounds like first 3 months are free and then it’s $10 more. So for $30 could you just drop it after the regular season is done? 

I just signed up for Direct TV Stream and dropped Hulu. I was very tired of the VPN dance every night. 

Hopefully Direct TV doesn't drop MASN the the day before opening day like Dish did. And even more hopefully, Rubenstein figures out something better. Yeesh.

1 hour ago, cboemmeljr said:

I know that the Spring Training broadcast schedule was made in advance but in my opinion, today's MASN broadcast is just bad optics.

A week after finding out that MASN is charging Comcast rights fees that have fans paying $7/month more (and a higher tier) today's broadcast is our guys watching/calling the Yankees Yes Network feed.  They (Geoff Arnold) were in Sarasota yesterday to call the game after all.

It’s pretty obvious money matters more than optics. 😂 

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I just signed up for Direct TV Stream and dropped Hulu. I was very tired of the VPN dance every night. 

Hopefully Direct TV doesn't drop MASN the the day before opening day like Dish did. And even more hopefully, Rubenstein figures out something better. Yeesh.

I’m in a tough spot. My internet isn’t great and I have regular DirecTV. My cost is just ridiculous. Funny thing is during a storm I can actually keep watching if the internet is working and the storm blocks the dish. 

I want to go to their DTV steam service but I lack so much faith in my internet.

Dish Network has dropped all RSN’s in the country. They are pretty much out of the sports business.  

10 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I’m in a tough spot. My internet isn’t great and I have regular DirecTV. My cost is just ridiculous. Funny thing is during a storm I can actually keep watching if the internet is working and the storm blocks the dish. 

I want to go to their DTV steam service but I lack so much faith in my internet.

Dish Network has dropped all RSN’s in the country. They are pretty much out of the sports business.  

Starlink may not be a terrible idea, depending on your location. 

Just now, eddie83 said:

Do you have this? 

Quick look looks like $600 start up cost. $120 a month fee. 

I don't have it, no. I have Verizon LTE home internet which honestly works fine.... but it's not nearly as fast as Starlink. I just have a pretty significant tree canopy which makes me nervous whether or not I'd get sufficient signal. I'm just holding out for Verizon to launch a 5G option which is essentially the same thing. 

44 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I don't have it, no. I have Verizon LTE home internet which honestly works fine.... but it's not nearly as fast as Starlink. I just have a pretty significant tree canopy which makes me nervous whether or not I'd get sufficient signal. I'm just holding out for Verizon to launch a 5G option which is essentially the same thing. 

Gotcha. 

22 hours ago, eddie83 said:

Just additional charges for making changes.  They actually charge you $5-10 for some guy sitting in a room, probably overseas, making a few keyboard clicks to take things off your channel selection...

19 minutes ago, drjohnnyfever1 said:

Just additional charges for making changes.  They actually charge you $5-10 for some guy sitting in a room, probably overseas, making a few keyboard clicks to take things off your channel selection...

Unreal. 

I watched MASN today cover the Orioles using the YES Network feed. I surely hope new ownership takes steps to improve MASN so it comes close in quality to the quality of team it is suspose to cover. Listening to the two MASN announcers taking Oriole baseball while looking at a muted interview with a Yankee and lots of time with split screen is an embarrassment to this organization. And, it's the damn Yankees!!!! If that's the best MASN can do, they should just stay home. I don't complain much on here, but this really ticked me off. 

• Upvote 1