Jackson Holliday 2024

btdart20

6 hours ago, Hallas said:

He was getting comically jobbed his first callup too.  Don't get me wrong he still looked awful but some of the called strikes were in another zip code.

He was called out on a pitch yesterday that was so far outside that the ball needed a ticket to get back in the stadium.  

I'm rootin' for the kid.  Give him a couple of hundred ABs and then talk.  

• Haha 1

(The robot emojis are for wanting robot umps, they were strikeouts looking and pitches that weren’t even remotely close.)

He had an RBI single after this too, his softest hit ball 81 mph in on the hands but at the right angle to get into the OF. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

One thing I liked yesterday was how comfortable he looked against the lefty. 

That and the opposite field power he showed on the double and has shown a couple other times. It won’t be long before we start seeing him closer to the top of the lineup I’d imagine. 

51 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

That and the opposite field power he showed on the double and has shown a couple other times. It won’t be long before we start seeing him closer to the top of the lineup I’d imagine. 

No doubt. It won’t be surprising to me if he’s the first or second best all around hitter on the team as we enter the playoffs.

Edited by Sports Guy

4 hours ago, Bemorewins said:

I’m old enough to remember when Jackson Holliday was sort of youth burnout, who’s body was breaking down because his daddy pushed him too hard as a kid.

@OnlyOneOriole has you “unspecial” “not very athletic” forecast changed yet for Holliday’s career outlook? 

Or do you need to see more? I ask because you usually can “see” it before any of us mere mortals.

So needed and so deserved, this post. 

10 hours ago, Bemorewins said:

I’m old enough to remember when Jackson Holliday was sort of youth burnout, who’s body was breaking down because his daddy pushed him too hard as a kid.

@OnlyOneOriole has you “unspecial” “not very athletic” forecast changed yet for Holliday’s career outlook? 

Or do you need to see more? I ask because you usually can “see” it before any of us mere mortals.

OnlyOneOriole must have you on ignore.    Can't believe he's got no response.    Well,  maybe I can.   It's beginning to look like his M.O.   

11 hours ago, Baltimorecuse said:

He was called out on a pitch yesterday that was so far outside that the ball needed a ticket to get back in the stadium.  

I'm rootin' for the kid.  Give him a couple of hundred ABs and then talk.  

If there were robo umps if would’ve never been sent down. He’ll be getting leadoff come playoff time. 

21 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

Paging Mr. @OnlyOneOriole any new thoughts, predictions, or career forecast on the "unathletic" overrated 20 year old?

I thought I said it in this thread, maybe in another and for sure in at least 2 game threads now.  He looks like a completely different player.

Much better and more confident.  I know I said he should be played everyday.  (even though I hate how he catches pop ups). :)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

I thought I said it in this thread, maybe in another and for sure in at least 2 game threads now.  He looks like a completely different player.

Much better and more confident.  I know I said he should be played everyday.  (even though I hate how he catches pop ups). :)

He's a pro so.......but it's certainly not how it is coached or taught.  Instead of drop step and circle it was just drift back and stab.  You also briefly lose sight of the ball when you catch it to side like that which led to McKenna's drop last year.

• Upvote 1