2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

1 minute ago, spleen1015 said:

Fully rested. We're going to see the lineup we saw on Monday against Wacha or something similar, like swap Hays and Westburg.

Gunnar - SS
Adley - C
Santander -RF
Mountcastle - LF
O'Hearn - DH
Hays - LF
Mullins - CF
Westburg - 2B
Urias - 3B

I think we get a surprise lineup today. No Urias and Hays (crossing my fingers).  Westy gets the start at 3B - Mateo at 2B.

• Gunnar - SS
  • Adley - C
  • Tony Taters - RF
  • Mounty - 1B
  • O'Hearn - DH
  • Mullins - CF
  • Cower - LF
  • Westy - 3B
  • Mateo - 2B

• Upvote 1

I think there has been discussion Cowser struggles with high velocity. 

Not my preferred lineup but I say Hyde goes with game 2 lineup. 

Henderson SS

Rutchman C

Santander RF

Mounty 1B

Ohearn DH

Hays LF

Mullins CF

Westy 2B

Urias 3B

Be ready for the hangout explosion:

5 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

With Orioles off Monday good chance Adley plays all 3 games. He will be DH for one. Maybe Westburg gets another game at DH. Depends on where Mateo would play. 

He started 149 games last season. Odds say he'd start all 3 even without an off day Monday.

8 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

When was the last time he had off 2 of 3 games?

I get that but even if he was having a good start he isn’t playing 162 games.

I not sure how far out they map stuff out. I doubt Adley sits this weekend with so many days off early on. If they win first two games of series does that impact Hyde to want to rest him Sunday? 

Whatever they do people will complain. 😂 

9 minutes ago, interloper said:

What do we know about this 22 year old RHP Jones? He racked up 10 Ks for the win in his first start, but allowed 3 runs. Seems like they have a good one here. 

Fastball sits around 96. Can get it up to around 100 when he needs to. 87-89 mph slider that is plus. Also throws a curve. He had a problem with walks when he was younger, but he has cleaned that up a bit, but it can still be a problem. He was a second round pick out of high school with a lot of arm strength, and the Pirates have done a pretty nice job developing him.

Edited by Sydnor
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sydnor said:

Fastball sits around 96. Can get it up to around 100 when he needs to. 87-89 mph slider that is plus. Also throws a curve. He had a problem with walks when he was younger, but he has cleaned that up a bit, but it can still be a problem. He was a second round pick out of high school with a lot of an arm strength, and the Pirates have done a pretty nice job developing him.

Yes, his first start was 90 percent either slider or fastball. Analytic department should be able to help the players have a plan at the plate. 

Edited by Rbiggs2525

11 minutes ago, interloper said:

What do we know about this 22 year old RHP Jones? He racked up 10 Ks for the win in his first start, but allowed 3 runs. Seems like they have a good one here. 

He made is MLB debut last week against the Marlins, so 10K's might not be the norm.

He's young and throws hard.  I would say he's very similar to Grayson with a 97+ mph fastball as well as a 90+ mph changeup with movement.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, .500_OR_BETTER said:

He made is MLB debut last week against the Marlins, so 10K's might not be the norm.

He's young and throws hard.  I would say he's very similar to Grayson with a 97+ mph fastball as well as a 90+ mph changeup with movement.

Your handle is outdated.  It's not 2010 anymore.  :)

16 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

This series will not be easy. This Pirates team is good. The lineup better bust out of this slump

They’ve played really bad teams but to their credit they cleaned up. Definitely not to be taken lightly. 

1 hour ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

I think there has been discussion Cowser struggles with high velocity. 

Not my preferred lineup but I say Hyde goes with game 2 lineup. 

Henderson SS

Rutchman C

Santander RF

Mounty 1B

Ohearn DH

Hays LF

Mullins CF

Westy 2B

Urias 3B

Be ready for the hangout explosion:

Good point on the velo. Mountcastle is poised for a big day. He hammers fastballs.