2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

Moving Adley down may have just as much to do with Tony's absolutely scorching bat than it does with Adley's freezing cold one, honestly.  More AB's for Tony Taters is certainly not a bad thing right now.

6 minutes ago, Pickles said:

We were told 18 months ago that was an impossible feat.

Amazing the things you are told on here, I was told there was a 0 percent chance that the Angelosssssses would not own the team this year, gotta love the experts

5 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

Not even room for westburg in the lineup 

Well I would rather have Westburg than Mountcastle. So probably Westburg to 3B when he returns. And Mayo to DH/1B and O’Hearn to 1B/DH.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Pickles said:

There was a ton of talk in 21 and 22 about how we had to "speed this up" and bring in guys from "outside the org" because nobody "can compete with a fully homegrown lineup."

Well, this team's competing; it's almost entirely homegrown; and the window is just opening.

Speed this up? Some posters (and fans) can never be happy. Considering Elias started with almost nothing in 2019 and 2020 being a Covid year to have the team above .500 in 2022 was quite the feat.

Plus up until this season Elias was handicapped with a cheapskate owner who was crying last season at the prospect of having to pay players like Gunnar and Adley.

There's also this lazy take even among even some baseball writers that the Orioles tanked 2018. They did not it was a half-assed attempt at one more playoff run with the 2012 to 2016 core group.

12744442_550182218490388_902133758297539

Edited by OsFanSinceThe80s

33 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

If you count Santander, that's an 8/9 homegrown lineup, for those who care about such things.

Kjerstad and Basallo will be in for Santander and O'Hearn in about a year to clear the technicalities.

I think for that game Adley Rutschman dons the Captain America costume and at last utters "Avengers, Assemble".

O'Hearn could I guess be the keep over Mountcastle to goof it up.

19 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

I really would be too except Dean Kremer is pitching. Hopefully we get the good Deano tonight.

Kremer is going to throw a gem, tonight.   6 2/3, 2 ER, 5 hits, 1 BB, 10 Ks.