2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

I agree with the idea of stacking lefties in the lineup but O'Hearn scares me at 1st.  One misplay on a ball in the dirt and that may be the game.  

I am one also that wouldn't mind seeing Holiday in the lineup as the DH.  We need people to get on base and he started tapping into that ability at the end of the season.  

17 minutes ago, turtlebowl said:

I agree with the idea of stacking lefties in the lineup but O'Hearn scares me at 1st.  One misplay on a ball in the dirt and that may be the game.  

I am one also that wouldn't mind seeing Holiday in the lineup as the DH.  We need people to get on base and he started tapping into that ability at the end of the season.  

Yes , but that would put O'hearn and Kjerstad on the bench in favor of Jackson at DH, If you want him in the line up he has to start at second.

Put me in the Holliday at second column for today.  Bat him ninth and cross your fingers he keeps last weekend's improvements going. I think we need someone from out of nowhere to get going if we want to do anything in the playoffs - Holliday certainly on the list of candidates for that, along w/ Kjerstad.  Who knows maybe Holliday is ready to break out and become our Evan Carter for the rest of 2024.  Worth a shot after yesterday's abysmal performance.

Henderson

Westburg (moves to 3B obviously)

O'hearn (1b)

Santander

Cowser

Mullins

Kjerstad (DH)

Rutschman

Holliday

That's a lot of lefties in a row, but that can be abated somewhat with pinch hitting later in the game, if needed - Mountcastle/Slater/Rivera/Urias is not a terrible RH bench and any combo can hit for Kjerstad or Holliday or Mullins.

Have to move Rutsch down.

Just a casual reminder that prior to the two very good performances in those definitely meaningful games in MIN, Jackson had a .325 OPS in his 45 previous PAs.

In that same rough timeframe, he also had three arguable late-inning gaffes (two fielding, one baserunning) that changed and/or cost us games.

I get that we’re feeling desperate, but…forcing him into the lineup over Westburg or Urias feels like an ultimate panic move. 

Edited by e16bball

3 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

Put me in the Holliday at second column for today.  Bat him ninth and cross your fingers he keeps last weekend's improvements going. I think we need someone from out of nowhere to get going if we want to do anything in the playoffs - Holliday certainly on the list of candidates for that, along w/ Kjerstad.  Who knows maybe Holliday is ready to break out and become our Evan Carter for the rest of 2024.  Worth a shot after yesterday's abysmal performance.

Henderson

Westburg (moves to 3B obviously)

O'hearn (1b)

Santander

Cowser

Mullins

Kjerstad (DH)

Rutschman

Holliday

That's a lot of lefties in a row, but that can be abated somewhat with pinch hitting later in the game, if needed - Mountcastle/Slater/Rivera/Urias is not a terrible RH bench and any combo can hit for Kjerstad or Holliday or Mullins.

Have to move Rutsch down.

like all of this, But I'm stil batting Mullins lead off

1 minute ago, e16bball said:

Just a casual reminder that prior to the two very good performances in those definitely meaningful games in MIN, Jackson had a .325 OPS in his 45 previous PAs.

In that same rough timeframe, he also had three arguable late-inning gaffes (two fielding, one baserunning) that changed and/or cost us games.

I get that we’re feeling desperate, but…forcing him into the lineup over Westburg or Urias feels like an ultimate panic move. 

Over Westburg would definitely be terrible, but I've seen no one mention that.

Over Urias is much more defensible because his hot streak really didn't continue after his injury.  And Holliday can and probably would be replaced easily by Urias or Rivera for D if (IF IF IF) we get a lead.

Just now, Safelykept said:

like all of this, But I'm stil batting Mullins lead off

I don't think I would, but here's what that would look like; I could get on board:

Mullins

Westburg

Henderson

O'hearn

Santander

Cowser

Kjerstad

Rutschman

Holliday

10 minutes ago, e16bball said:

And let’s not forget all the botched double plays this year

4 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

I don't think I would, but here's what that would look like; I could get on board:

Mullins

Westburg

Henderson

O'hearn

Santander

Cowser

Kjerstad

Rutschman

Holliday

Yes, other than maybe flipping Rush and Kjerstad, thats my line up today. we have to get after Lugo Today

13 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

Over Westburg would definitely be terrible, but I've seen no one mention that.

Over Urias is much more defensible because his hot streak really didn't continue after his injury.  And Holliday can and probably would be replaced easily by Urias or Rivera for D if (IF IF IF) we get a lead.

How has Holliday hit since Urias returned????