Corbin Burnes 2024

Spy Fox

35 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

Oh so you’re supposed to throw it over the plate for strikes and not out of the zone but making them chase a ball.  lol. That maybe one of the dumbest things I heard.  I would much rather my pitcher throw pitches outside the zone the hitter chases then throwing it over the middle of the plate to hit.  

This is great. We don’t expect our ace to be able to ge whiffs in the zone, and expecting to be able to do so is one of the dumbest things this guy has heard.

1 minute ago, Bemorewins said:

If you were “extremely disappointed” that Burnes helped halt KC’s 9 game home winning streak then maybe it could be time for either reassessment or acceptance that your standards may be a little unrealistic?

The mighty Kansas City Royals!!!

3 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

How much do you keep track of other teams around the league? I ask because they currently have one of the best records in the AL.

How many of their games have been against the white sox and Astros?

16 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

Because it doesn’t really matter what pitchers from other teams are doing. He was given a 7-0 lead and wasn’t able to find a way thru the 6th inning. He has only been able to do so twice in five starts. If you want to kiss his ass, feel free. But given the game situation, this was an extremely disappointing performance.

With your elite skill at evaluating talent and a long track record of hitting the nail on the head, it's hard to dispute this.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

How many of their games have been against the white sox and Astros?

As lowly as the White Sox are their bullpen is their bright spot, currently with a better ERA than the O's -- 3.82 to 4.37.  Don't know if that will hold but maybe we should be targeting them for relief help.

8 minutes ago, EddeeEddee said:

As lowly as the White Sox are their bullpen is their bright spot, currently with a better ERA than the O's -- 3.82 to 4.37.  Don't know if that will hold but maybe we should be targeting them for relief help.

If Burnes can’t get 6 innings, we will definitely need bullpen help

57 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

If Burnes can’t get 6 innings, we will definitely need bullpen help

Even if Burnes can give 6 or 7 every night this team needs relief help.  Even the best pitchers will have off nights, and Kremer, Irvin and Wells are not going to give you 6 innings every outing, for sure.

44 minutes ago, Malike said:

Do you have an issue with Rodriguez not getting deep enough into games?

Grayson has gotten 6+ inning in 75% of his starts compared to Burnes 40%

But yes, in grayson’s last start, getting a 7-0 lead and only throwing about 15 pitches combined between the first two innings, only getting 6 innings was disappointing. He wasn’t very sharp.

8 hours ago, Bemorewins said:

If you were “extremely disappointed” that Burnes helped halt KC’s 9 game home winning streak then maybe it could be time for either reassessment or acceptance that your standards may be a little unrealistic?

At least we were not as disappointed as KC fans were with thier Ace's performance

Need more Ks out of Burnes. He isn’t putting guys away lately. Last year his K rate wasn’t good early and then he picked it up.

To be that truly elite, ace level guy, that will need to change.  I suspect it will, so not worried about it but these small signs that we have seen in the last few years are part of why I’m not willing to extend him.

9 hours ago, Bemorewins said:

How much do you keep track of other teams around the league? I ask because they currently have one of the best records in the AL.

This is true they have a good team! I’m delighted that we have pitchers that guys here criticize when a 3 ER performance over 6 innings is a bad outing.