Corbin Burnes 2024

Spy Fox

Given the game situation, I think that was a terrible performance for an “ace” tonight. With a 7 run lead, and Ace gets 7 innings.

He threw 3 of 18 pitches in the strike zone in the 5th, setting up the bad 6th.

13 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

Given the game situation, I think that was a terrible performance for an “ace” tonight. With a 7 run lead, and Ace gets 7 innings.

I’d rather he pitch mediocre in a game where he has a seven run lead than in a game where he has a two run lead. 

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Okay, so he’s not an ace.  He’s just some guy who’s 3-0 with a 2.76 ERA.  Guess we’ll have to live with it.  

If he stinks it up against Oakland though we may have to re-evaluate. 😁

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Okay, so he’s not an ace.  He’s just some guy who’s 3-0 with a 2.76 ERA.  Guess we’ll have to live with it.  

He’s not a good baseball player anymore.

6th starter, at best

Edited by Malike

20 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

Are we just making things up now to say it was a poor start.  What are you takkinging about in the 5th.  He struck the first guy out.  Then got a fly out then got ahead of third guy 0-2 before a fly out.  

Just now, bpilktree said:

Are we just making things up now to say it was a poor start.  What are you takkinging about in the 5th.  He struck the first guy out.  Then got a fly out then got ahead of third guy 0-2 before a fly out.  

He threw 18 pitches in the inning. 3 were in strike zone.

1 minute ago, bpilktree said:

He got ahead 0-2!!

MLB Gameday live updates Orioles at Royals game on 04202024 free.jpeg

5 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

At what point did you think we would need Kimbrel tonight?

I don't think anyone thought we'd need Kimbrel after Burnes left with a 7-3 lead. I'm sure you had the prescience to think Kimbrel would have been needed, though.