Corbin Burnes 2024

Spy Fox

10 hours ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Thanks for the share. I love this statement. But Burnes will have something to say about it too and he's been pretty consistent + transparent in expressing his intent/desire to test free agency.

Hopefully he will have so much fun winning this season that he'll want to stay.   From a distance at least it looks like the O's have a good clubhouse vibe.  

Only 3 Ks is a bit weird, but he looked fine considering the delay and weather. And the Royals are once again a pesky pain in the ass team to face. Really, really glad we got the series win before hitting the road. 

1 hour ago, interloper said:

Only 3 Ks is a bit weird, but he looked fine considering the delay and weather. And the Royals are once again a pesky pain in the ass team to face. Really, really glad we got the series win before hitting the road. 

The Royals look to be much improved this year.

The Royals are going to be good this year. We were a 100-loss team that was a joke and suddenly won 83 games. The Royals have a lot of talent and I think we see that kind of jump from them this year.

Burnes battled when it mattered and the Royals seem to make a lot of contact in general.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

Sometimes you have to give the other team credit.  They fouled off a lot of pretty good pitches and spit on some pretty good pitches.  

I was impressed with them overall.

They sure don't look like a losing team to me.

31 minutes ago, Malike said:

The Royals are going to be good this year. We were a 100-loss team that was a joke and suddenly won 83 games. The Royals have a lot of talent and I think we see that kind of jump from them this year.

Burnes battled when it mattered and the Royals seem to make a lot of contact in general.

Yea they're a fun team. Lots of speed and good mix of vets and promising young guys.

Burnes was exactly what we had hoped for in ace last night. He's the guy when he didn't have his A-stuff or A-command, kept his team in the game when they weren't hitting ball at all. Gave them 5 2/3 innings and left the game down only 2-0.

That is exactly what "aces" do when they don't have their best stuff/command. I was impressed with how he battled and how he made pitches when he needed to.

• Upvote 3

Burnes has that *dawg* in him.  It was fun to watch him battle.  Excited for the next “Corbin Burnes day.”

Despite yesterday’s low strikeouts, his stuff was solid in terms of movement/spin and still got 13 swings & misses (btw more than his debut vs Angels of 12 and same number as Ragan’s last night)

But I thought he/McCann were getting too predictable in terms of pitch locations, and not as varied in quadrants.  Against, KC it seemed nearly everything to righties was low/away whereas against LAA he went up in the zone more with cutter and didnt try to spike the curveball below the zone all the time.  Here are the baseball-savant illustrators from these two games.

IMG_0016.jpeg

IMG_0017.jpeg