Ryan Mountcastle 2024

44 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Still haven't gotten them back for not playing Mussina in the All Star Game.  Next time a Blue Jay gets hit, Oriole players should yell "That was for Mussina"

Will change my vanity plate to CTGVSBJ

I hinted at this before but I believe this IL stint will be in the weight room. Mountcastle has a major power outage going. I know some people will say, oh you are saying the Orioles are faking an injury? For a World Series yes. They will not be champions unless their 4 hitter is driving the ball. I always point to DL Hall last year and his IL transition back to bullpen.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

I hinted at this before but I believe this IL stint will be in the weight room. Mountcastle has a major power outage going. I know some people will say, oh you are saying the Orioles are faking an injury? For a World Series yes. They will not be champions unless their 4 hitter is driving the ball. I always point to DL Hall last year and his IL transition back to bullpen.

Seriously?   He could have been getting work in the weight room without going on the IL.    

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Seriously?   He could have been getting work in the weight room without going on the IL.    

When he comes back, Adley will go on an IL stint to ride the treadmill and Jackson will go on an IL stint to play Golden Tee.  The plan is coming together!

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Brooks The Great said:

Bringing up Livan instead of Mayo is an absolute joke.

How many more days until another Mayo promotion keeps him under 45 service days and rookie eligible for 2025?

Actually, according to MLB has to exceed 45 days. depending on how they calculate the day he got option he was 13 or 14 days on the roster (I think 13) September is 29 days. do they still play a possible makeup game on Monday after the Reg season? If they do have to account for that. Playoffs start Tuesday at the latest.  (so 29 or 30.) thats 42 or 43. Kas to be on roster by Sept 1 to be playoff elgible. I would think sometime during the Colorado series. how they dont bring him up I dont know.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Safelykept said:

Actually, according to MLB has to exceed 45 days. depending on how they calculate the day he got option he was 13 or 14 days on the roster (I think 13) September is 29 days. do they still play a possible makeup game on Monday after the Reg season? If they do have to account for that. Playoffs start Tuesday at the latest.  (so 29 or 30.) thats 42 or 43. Kas to be on roster by Sept 1 to be playoff elgible. I would think sometime during the Colorado series. how they dont bring him up I dont know.

45 days, 130 ABs, or 50 IP. 

Also, you don’t have to be on the roster to be eligible for the postseason by 9/1. Just in the organization. Teams get injury exemptions. Plus, Mayo had already been in the majors this year. 

However, I think the writing is on the wall for Mayo to come back up. It’s the “right” move to make. Let’s keep his rookie eligibility and at least get our guys experience in a playoff chase. Hopefully, playoffs, but not guaranteed. 

Mounty might be done as an O. We’ll offer him arb, but he’s likely out the door because of roster makeup. Mainly Mayo at 1B. Adley/Basallo at DH/C eventually in 2025. 

4 hours ago, mrbig1 said:

You know Mounty is second in hits and leads the team in doubles. He is an important part of our lineup.

Mountcastle has been a disappointment this year. You kind of sum it up by mentioning hits as one of the categories he leads in. More hits because he doesn’t draw walks. Also, he’s been batting cleanup or #5 all season. How about leading us in RBI?

7 hours ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

I don’t think you understand how the weight room works.

14 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Mountcastle has been a disappointment this year. You kind of sum it up by mentioning hits as one of the categories he leads in. More hits because he doesn’t draw walks. Also, he’s been batting cleanup or #5 all season. How about leading us in RBI?

I think if anyone was expecting Mountcastle to be anything more than an average ML regular at this point that falls on them. 

Everyone isn't a five win player nor does a team need them to be.

Edited by Can_of_corn

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think if anyone was expecting Mountcastle to be anything more than an average ML regular at this point that falls on them. 

Everyone isn't a five win player not does a team need them to be.

True. I had “big disappointment” originally typed, but took it out for that very reason. 

7 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Everyone isn't a five win player nor does a team need them to be.

I didn't expect him to be a 5 win player, but I did expect 20+ homers. That said, I agree with everything you said- we know who Mounty is.