2024 Prospect Power Rankings

Tony-OH

2 hours ago, btdart20 said:

I was going tonask the general trend in the muddled middle too...  

There are a lot more guys trending down then up so far this year, especially on the hitting side. I know hitting has been down overall, but not a lot of "breakout stories" so far this year and a lot of guys not taking a significant step forward. 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

There are a lot more guys trending down then up so far this year, especially on the hitting side. I know hitting has been down overall, but not a lot of "breakout stories" so far this year and a lot of guys not taking a significant step forward. 

Funny you say this.  I was just looking at a list that was a prospect guy put out of best prospects and ascending guys.  The only Os guy he had as an under the radar type guy was Etzel.

The Os have a lot of talented guys but not a lot of guys who are living up to that talent.

This time next year, our system could be lower half.

Edited by Sports Guy

7 minutes ago, Say O! said:

13 pitchers in this weeks top30 and 6 in the top15.  Starting to feel like there is more balance overall, even if the top is heavy with high end positional guys. 

The problem is it's because of the hitter's failures more than that the pitchers are high end guys. It's still only June and guys can have great second half's to erase bad starts, but not a ton to get excited about. 

6 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Updated thru yesterday. Added in the DSL players to keep an eye on.

I understand why Aron Estrada hasn’t cracked the top 30 yet, but I’ve definitely got my eyes on him.

24 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I understand why Aron Estrada hasn’t cracked the top 30 yet, but I’ve definitely got my eyes on him.

Yeah, I was trying to get him on the top 30, but I just couldn't fund a guy to drop off and I needed to add in Emilio Sanchez. He's on the cusp, but he also needs a real position. I'm not convinced he can stick on the dirt, but if he does, it will be at 2B.

• Thanks 1

On 6/11/2024 at 9:17 AM, Frobby said:

On 6/11/2024 at 9:44 AM, Tony-OH said:

Yeah, I was trying to get him on the top 30, but I just couldn't fund a guy to drop off and I needed to add in Emilio Sanchez. He's on the cusp, but he also needs a real position. I'm not convinced he can stick on the dirt, but if he does, it will be at 2B.

Estrada had 2 more hits tonight one being HR #5.  Noticed him getting hot so checked his game log and he was OPSing 1.074 in his last 14 games (61 PA) going into tonight.  All 5 of his HR are in the last 15 games.  That brought me to this thread to see where he was in the power rankings. 

He’s still 19 until January but listed as 5’8” 142!! Can that be right?  I guess that is why he hasn’t garnered much attention. 

8 hours ago, emmett16 said:

Estrada had 2 more hits tonight one being HR #5.  Noticed him getting hot so checked his game log and he was OPSing 1.074 in his last 14 games (61 PA) going into tonight.  All 5 of his HR are in the last 15 games.  That brought me to this thread to see where he was in the power rankings. 

He’s still 19 until January but listed as 5’8” 142!! Can that be right?  I guess that is why he hasn’t garnered much attention. 

He looks bigger that his listed height and weight to me. Another hot week and he'll squeeze back on but I'd like to see him develop some positional strength.

3 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

He looks bigger that his listed height and weight to me. Another hot week and he'll squeeze back on but I'd like to see him develop some positional strength.

What do you see as his major flaws on the field?  What do you look for him to improve? 

Billy Cook, 25 years old, now 47 games into his AAA career.   .882 OPS and a strikeout rate under 20%.   In 14 games in June, 5 homers, 15 RBI, 8 walks, 9 strikeouts, .333 avg, 1.096 OPS.   Billy Cook keeps improving as he reaches each higher level.   The strikeout rate keeps getting better.