Dean Kremer 2024

5 hours ago, Frobby said:

Kremer is the one guy on this team I’d most like to see step it up.  

Yes, it would help to solve one of the team's two big problems during the rest of the regular season; then one hopes Grayson will be back to take over in the postseason.

Also, Dean's one of the young veterans we've seen long and close enough with the Orioles to know that such hope is not groundless. Sort of like expecting Mountcastle to bash a few key home runs in the remaining month and a half of play, despite being way below his normal rate so far (AB/HR ratios: 21 (2020-23); 32.5 this year).

8 hours ago, clapdiddy said:

Can you stay home tonight?  ;)

1 hour ago, LA2 said:

Looks like he did! 😃

Haha, was at the game with my friend and his son. What a great game, well pitched, Gunnar blast, Holliday and O’Hearn smoke em later in the game, a Roy Firestone special to bump lead to 3 and a sick double play to end it.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Interestingly Kremer has been fantastic 1st time through order this year (.524 OPS 1st PA in G, .727 2nd…985 3rd)

For his career he’s been very consistent (.725 1st PA, .775 2nd, .723 3rd)

Could he become a major bullpen piece for the playoffs? 

Edited by emmett16
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, emmett16 said:

Interestingly Kremer has been fantastic 1st time through order this year (.524 OPS 1st PA in G, .727 2nd…985 3rd)

For his career he’s been very consistent (.725 1st PA, .775 2nd, .723 3rd)

Could he become a major bullpen piece for the playoffs? 

Interesting comparison across years.

6 innings pitched

2 hits

1 ER

3 walks (no thanks to another crappy home plate umpire)

7 strike outs

I crap all over Kremer when he deserves it, but tonight he threw a gem. One of his best games as an Oriole. Thanks dude, we needed that. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, ShoelesJoe said:

6 innings pitched

2 hits

1 ER

3 walks (no thanks to another crappy home plate umpire)

7 strike outs

I crap all over Kremer when he deserves it, but tonight he threw a gem. One of his best games as an Oriole. Thanks dude, we needed that. 

Big game for Kremer. We needed that. We have to remember that Kremer battled his own injury this year too. 

He had a very slow start with the injury and is now getting into full season form! We are going to need his command to be this good for the playoffs.

he was interviewed before the game and talked about getting a better feel for the splitter, a new pitch, and where it is going. He could be Efflin good when he pitches with great command. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jagwar said:

Holy crap. Kremer takes a line drive off the arm. Huge swelling. Have to think he's done for a while. 

It did look brutal.  Now they did run some tests on it and said he has contusion, X-Rays negative.  Not out of the woods but hopefully just a minor stint on the IL.  Wait, what's supposed to have more players on it, the team or the IL list? (sorry... just trying to inject some humor in these tough times).

Edited by O's84

9 hours ago, O's84 said:

It did look brutal.  Now they did run some tests on it and said he has contusion, X-Rays negative.  Not out of the woods but hopefully just a minor stint on the IL.  Wait, what's supposed to have more players on it, the team or the IL list? (sorry... just trying to inject some humor in these tough times).

That's exactly what it seems though yes?

I can’t recall ever seeing a welt that big form that fast. Massive welt before he even left the mound, on the back of his wrist/lower forearm. I’ll be a little surprised if he pitches again. Maybe end of September I guess. This years version of the Orioles might be cursed, with these two injuries last night the final proof.