Holliday call up?

1 hour ago, pocketRIPKENS said:

Hear me out here. If they weren’t lying about service time being an issue, Holliday should be up for the Boston series w/ all righties. Urias/Kemp better heed this. Urias 0-season and an error. 

What are the exact details of a Holliday call up IF they ARE IN FACT manipulating service time although I think he win or get top 2 in ROY making the point moot— Can someone elaborate on details of a call up?

Ban this user. What an idiotic thread title. Ban him.

• Snutchy changed the title to Holliday call up?
3 minutes ago, oriolediehard said:

Are the O's waiting for less than 172 days left for the season to bring up Holiday and Mayo to gain an extra year? That goes for McDermott too?

Is Kjsertadt ready too?

Each have had defensive miscues the first few games in Norfolk, especially Mayo. I'm pushing expectations to early summer for Holliday and Kjerstad (if there's a role for Kjerstad), and end of summer for Mayo if he gets the defense improved, or if there's a role for his bat only.

13 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

He apologized man.  Lay off.

This is a great board but some of ya'll can be a bit unfriendly at times.

While you are correct, come on man. That was either intentional or idiotic. I’m glad he apologized however.

1 hour ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

On the old board where top posters earned birds for their reputation, the OP might earn a negative bird, maybe in red?

It would have been even more insulting: a Blue Jay

8 minutes ago, wildcard said:

My guess is that Holliday gets called up when he reaches 200 PAs at Norfolk.

For 2024, or combined?  He had 91 last year.  If you’re talking total, he’ll be at 200 by the last week of April.   I really doubt we will see him then.  Anyway, I don’t think there’s a particular threshold for at bats in Norfolk.  They’ll be watching his overall performance and the two specific things they mentioned - comfort at 2B and performance/opportunities vs. LHP.

Honestly, the question mark doesn't change much. It still sounds like this thread is saying there's a rumor he's coming up. 

Just make the thread title what the thread is about: "Speculating on Holliday call-up dates" or whatever.