Norfolk 2024

Sports Guy

Look at the difference Adley made when he arrived.    Did you know we haven't been swept in the regular season since he arrived?

You take a Jackson Holliday off a AAA roster, its just not the same.    At least he still upholds the farm ranking for another odd month of games.

• Confused 1

48 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Look at the difference Adley made when he arrived.    Did you know we haven't been swept in the regular season since he arrived?

You take a Jackson Holliday off a AAA roster, its just not the same.    At least he still upholds the farm ranking for another odd month of games.

I don’t disagree.  However, it proves the point that these Norfolk players aren’t going to just all come up and beat up on mlb players.

3 hours ago, Going Underground said:

Nine losses in a row for the Tides. Obviously they were not going to hit like they  did against a bad Charlotte team in a hitters ballpark. One game they scored five runs and the rest four or less.

Obviously they weren’t going to hit at that level, but this slump is surprising.  

It sort of feels like it's setting in for these hitters that, oh right, we're probably down here for the long haul again this season. Holliday called up, everyone healthy on the ML team, Cowser and Westburg playing well... 

Time for these guys to mentally adjust to the grind of AAA ball again. 

Heston hit an absolute bomb tonight. A couple of other hard hit balls from other guys that didn’t pay off.

Norby threw a ball into the stands on a relay home. 

Stowers lollygagged (that’s right lollygaggers!) a ground ball into shallow left center into a double for the Shrimp. That runner scored on a single to right. 

Defense last night was half assed as well.

Daniel Johnson had the best defensive play of the game tonight - hosed a guy at third on a fly ball to right. 

Victor Mesa Jr. is legit.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Think Heston will be the next call up.

Mayo’s K/BB ratio is poor and I think they’ll want to see that even out. Stowers and Norby have seen their numbers slip a bit. 

It will likely take an injury to an outfielder or first baseman, but I think we see HK next. 

9 hours ago, pdiddy said:

Heston hit an absolute bomb tonight. A couple of other hard hit balls from other guys that didn’t pay off.

Norby threw a ball into the stands on a relay home. 

Stowers lollygagged (that’s right lollygaggers!) a ground ball into shallow left center into a double for the Shrimp. That runner scored on a single to right. 

Defense last night was half assed as well.

Daniel Johnson had the best defensive play of the game tonight - hosed a guy at third on a fly ball to right. 

Victor Mesa Jr. is legit.

I've seen Stowers "lollygag" a lot this year. I wonder if he's just frustrated being stuck in AAA once again. No matter how everything is presented, these guys have to be upset that they are stuck in AAA when they could be playing in the MLB with other orgs. 

Of course the best way to get out of that is to perform, but that's easier said than done. Saying all that, Stowers has always been a streaky hitter. He's white hot or ice cold.

• Upvote 1

Kjerstad promotion would require injury to Santander or O’Hearn.

Mayo would need injury to Mounty (maybe Westburg if it’s a long term injury and the O’s have resolved any doubts about Mayo’s 3B defense - the latter of which is unlikely I think).

Norby would need injury to Hays.

Stowers would need injury to Kjerstad and one of Santander or O’Hearn.

I think Stowers and Norby will continue to be available for trades as long as value exchange is reasonable.  The better they play, the more likely teams will offer us meaningful value.

• Upvote 1

If Mullins, Cowser, Hays, Westburg, Gunnar, Jackson , Mateo, or Urias are injured, I expect their roles to filled by existing players on the active roster.  However, that could open up a 26th man role for Norby or Stowers where they play once or twice a week.  We are unlikely to put Kjerstad or Mayo in that role.