Norfolk 2024

Sports Guy

2 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

The Tides camo uniforms are freakin' awesome. 

And here we go.  Holliday walk (after falling 0-2) and Norby with a double. 

And Kjerstad with an RBI single (105.9 mph EV).  Thats 19 in 6 games. 

Edited by emmett16

2022-2024 - Jordan Westburg's iconic 714 Norfolk PA have now been eclipsed by Kyle Stowers.     Connor Norby should also pass Westburg this weekend.

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders/minor-league?pos=all&level=0&lg=2&stats=bat&qual=120&type=1&team=26&season=2022&seasonEnd=2024&org=&ind=0&splitTeam=false&players=&sort=19,1

Win a bar bet with Terrin Vavra as the Tides wRC+ leader over the span.

Today Gunnar and Holliday have matching 137 wRC+'s, with Gunnar holding a 295-125 lead in PA.

Doesn't really deserve its own thread, so I'll dump here:

O's traded Diego Castillo to the Twins for cash: https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2024/04/orioles-trade-diego-castillo-twins.html

Norfolk is insanely crowded right now, and Errol Robinson is the better SS. Holliday and Norby vying for time at 2B. Mayo playing every day at 3B. Maton passed through waivers and he plays the IF. Vavra will be coming back eventually. Someone had to get the cut. 

Edited by interloper

3 minutes ago, interloper said:

Doesn't really deserve its own thread, so I'll dump here:

O's traded Diego Castillo to the Twins for cash: https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2024/04/orioles-trade-diego-castillo-twins.html

Norfolk is insanely crowded right now, and Errol Robinson is the better SS. Holliday and Norby vying for time at 2B. Mayo playing every day at 3B. Maton passed through waivers and he plays the IF. Vavra will be coming back eventually. Someone had to get the cut. 

Could’ve put it here: https://forum.orioleshangout.com/topic/50940-orioles-claim-diego-castillo-designate-livan-soto/#comment-3080362

Now they need to move an OF unless they are going to play Kjerstad primarily at 1B.   Stowers, Norby, Burdick, McKenna, and Daniel Johnson.  Billy Cook was sent back down to Bowie.

14 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Now they need to move an OF unless they are going to play Kjerstad primarily at 1B.   Stowers, Norby, Burdick, McKenna, and Daniel Johnson.  Billy Cook was sent back down to Bowie.

Is there room for McKenna in Bowie? 

4 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

Is there room for McKenna in Bowie? 

Not really.  Rhodes, Fabian, Beavers.   Demoting McKenna to AA seems cold.  Might as well just release him.  Burdick provides the same service if the Orioles need it plus Burdick has options.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Not really.  Rhodes, Fabian, Beavers.   Demoting McKenna to AA seems cold.  Might as well just release him.  Burdick provides the same service if the Orioles need it plus Burdick has options.

I think it’s time to cut bait.  I was not surprised no one claimed him. He could be a AAA depth piece for a middle-tier team.  I don’t see room for him in Norfolk. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, now said:

Tides scores, first seven games:

12-8
12-6
5-17
10-6
26-11
9-8
11-10

some laughers, some nail-biters!

I think you accidentally posted the scores from your softball league.