Norfolk 2024

Sports Guy

9 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Maybe Elias just demoted Holliday because he's salty at Chris Getz over the Dylan Cease negotiations and wanted nights like tonight to happen this week.

Anybody look in on the White Sox board?

Omg.  Completely forgot Charlotte is WS AAA team.  Makes it so much better.  So good.  Imagine there is a topic over there right now 'We could have had Stowers or Kjerstad.....maybe both!!' 

4 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

Omg.  Completely forgot Charlotte is WS AAA team.  Makes it so much better.  So good.  Imagine there is a topic over there right now 'We could have had Stowers or Kjerstad.....maybe both!!' 

We can still use Crochet and Kopech!

• Upvote 1

The Charlotte play by play guy said in the 8th inning that, as he’s mentioned before (which infers they’ve been in this position several times 😂🤣), he’s in support of a 10 run mercy rule after 7th inning. 

Thats a horrible idea btw. This is not little league. 

9 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

This team is insane.  The pitching hasn’t been great but the hitting is crazy good.

They have 13 extra base hits so far tonight..12 of them by the big 5 prospects.

Kjerstad has 6 RBIs tonight and that’s not even the most on the team!  It’s insane.

As of right now, they have scored 59 runs in the 5 games they have played and been 10 or more in 4 of the 5.

Why hasn’t the pitching been great?  Juiced ball?  Park Factors?  Makes you think. 

9 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

They're just putting up video game numbers at this point.

Do video games have scores this high?

Stowers had 7 RBI and didn’t lead the team for the game.   Not even that close.  

36 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I mean maybe…but I just don’t think we have many good pitchers on that team.

Yeah but when something is so skewed it makes you think. These guys were with the big club for most of Spring Training. 

So what’s going on down there?  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• After leaving with an injury, they have to be proceeding with an alternate plan in mind.  If he's available, fine, but it leaves a lot of room for worry if his availability is decided minutes before or during a game.  Of course, playing the Skanks, that could be a bit of gamesmanship making the determination late- not that it would amount to much in that regard.  Certainly isn't akin to a QB in football being questionable up until gametime.  Nevertheless, if Kimbrel would benefit from rest, now would be the time to give it to him and not later on if an injury becomes more severe with playing "thru" it.
    • I agree with the second part (as I stated) this issue is not important enough for owner involvement. However I strongly disagree with the bolded portion of your post. If that were the case the Rays would have great attendance. What’s the Guardians attendance? What about the Brewers? However, look at the Padres. Winning is absolutely the most important part. However there are other factors that affect your fanbase/merch sales/attendance/suit sales and the like. Have you observed how many #2 and #35 shirts are in the stands now? Do you believe that if the Orioles trade them both or let them walk in FA in a few years in back to back seasons that will not have an adverse effect on the orgs relationship with the fanbase in this market?
    • Bullpen session for Kimbrel.  
    • Cowser's progression has sucked a lot of the oxygen out of the room for Kjerstad, and even indirectly for Mayo and Norby. He's basically the same as O'Hearn now - nothing is changing if production stays high.
    • Oh agee Kjerstad’s promotion/playing time is not important enough in terms of it’s possible impact on revenue. But there are other player decisions that are/will be.
    • Last year he went 5.1 innings with 4 hits, 2 earned, 5 strikeouts and 2 walks in his lone start at Camden Yards. For his career against us, he's got a 1.99 ERA in 45.1 innings, 4 wins and 0 losses.  His WHIP against us is 0.927.  It's the lowest WHIP against any team he's faced consistently (I'm not counting interleague eams where he's thrown 8 innings against a team) in the AL outside of the Guardians.  And he's got 23.1 more innings against us than he does them. This bleeping guy owns us.  I'm not expecting much out of our offense tonight but I would absolutely love it if we lit him up like a Christmas tree.    
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now