12-8
12-6
5-17
10-6
26-11
9-8
11-10

some laughers, some nail-biters!

They’ve gotta be testing a juiced ball with Norfolk. Norfolk pitching looks terrible, but the offense is hiding them. 

From Steve Melewski:

Britton said he almost expected some of his players to get off to slow starts as they fought off the disappointment of not being with the Orioles.

“Yeah, to be honest (I did expect that),” he said. “But you think back at who these guys are, and their mindset is it doesn’t matter where they’re at, they want to perform. They want to put up numbers and be the best and they push each other man. They are friends off the field and on the field but with that they motivate each other to be at their best.

“You can hear the banter in the dugout. If one guy is having a big night and maybe someone else isn’t its, hey let’s go. They try to match each other and it’s a healthy competition for sure. And that has been the attitude for the last few years running through this organization.”

So, through five games Norfolk led the 20-team IL in team batting (.379), OBP (.438), slugging (.772) and team OPS (1.210) with no other club topping .849.

“The sky is the limit,” Britton said of the Tides’ 2024 offense after the 2023 team averaged 5.88 runs per game. “I mean, when these guys are hot all together, it is fun to watch. I sit back and slap hands as they cross third base. Such a ton of talent. The pipeline is legit. We are starting to see the cream rise to the top and that Bowie roster is going to be fun to watch. They’ve done a great job bringing these guys in, man. We have major league players playing in Triple-A and they are doing what major league players in Triple-A should do.”