4/4 Tides vs. Knights - How many do they put on the board tonight!

spleen1015

1 minute ago, btdart20 said:

Surprised Mayo locked up on that K.

He's got a funky timing mechanism.  Seems like he starts way late.  I know that's a thing for guys with crazy bat-speed (Sheffield & Baez for example) but seems like sometimes he just mistimes the pitcher and can't get a swing off.  

7 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Holliday doesn't seem very focused tonight.

Holliday seems way ahead with the bat but his defense and positioning is kind of lagging.  I guess the kid cant be perfect.  

Just now, Gurgi said:

I will say that I wanted to see Holliday start in Baltimore but watching the multitude of missed plays and errors shows how he really is NOT major league ready defensively.

He has not impressed me at all defensively at 2B so far this year.

13 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

Why wasn't Holliday covering second?  Did he think Stowers caught that?  He's been caught out of position a few times I've seen so far this season.  

Watching this game makes me believe Elias actually sent all of these guys down to work on defense. They are all very inconsistent. They look good one play, and are totally out of position the next. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

He has not impressed me at all defensively at 2B so far this year.

And just as I say that he turns a nice DP, and then make a nice lunging play on a line drive.

And just like that Holliday makes a nifty diving catch for the third out.  I bet this kid will figure it out in time.  Ripken had massive errors his first couple years at SS.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Gurgi said:

And just like that Holliday makes a nifty diving catch for the third out.  I bet this kid will figure it out in time.  Ripken had massive errors his first couple years at SS.

He's going to be great.  He's just super inexperienced.  On replay, he got a very good jump on that liner.  Good play for sure.