Pittsburgh weather

Looks like another nice baseball weather day for the Orioles. Should be able to get the game in.

As for the  4:12 start time,that was the first and main area code for Pittsburgh. 

Rain and snow showers likely before 1pm, then a chance of rain showers after 5pm. Cloudy, with a high near 41. Northwest wind 8 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

Edited by Going Underground
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, spleen1015 said:

I like our chances to get 2 hits through 7 innings then drop 3-4 runs in the last 2 innings for the win!

With an “I told you this team was dead. I nailed it!”  thread  after the top of the 7th.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Going Underground said:

Looks like another nice baseball weather day for the Orioles. Should be able to get the game in.

As for the  4:12 start time,that was the first and main area code for Pittsburgh. 

Rain and snow showers likely before 1pm, then a chance of rain showers after 5pm. Cloudy, with a high near 41. Northwest wind 8 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

Thanks for all the info. I guess the silver lining is this is potential “playoff weather”. 

3 hours ago, Fuegofuego said:

scouting report on the Pirates?

They are 6-1.  They beat up on the Nats and the Marlins.  Not sure how meaningful that sample size is.   Marlins are the last team in MLB with not a single win.

Jared Jones might be a problem (their SP that we are facing this afternoon).  He had 10 K's in his first start against the aforementioned pitiful Marlins.

Overall PIT is 6th in MLB in team OPS.   14th in team ERA.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Aglets said:

They are 6-1.  They beat up on the Nats and the Marlins.  Not sure how meaningful that sample size is.   Marlins are the last team in MLB with not a single win.

Jared Jones might be a problem (their SP that we are facing this afternoon).  He had 10 K's in his first start against the aforementioned pitiful Marlins.

Overall PIT is 6th in MLB in team OPS.   14th in team ERA.

They are full of young talent and having Cruz back and healthy is a boon for them. They are a legit team, despite the teams they've beaten.