Brandon Hyde 2024

7 minutes ago, KojiSplit said:

So Hyde wants the O’s to be more patient and draw walks and Kjerstad who drew 2 walks yesterday isn’t in the lineup today against a righty and instead Hays is playing.

Don’t even know what’s going on anymore but it’s tiring. You hear Hyde say that and then you see the lineup.. a SigBot special..?

https://x.com/afkostka/status/1816301380652433810

LHB hitting 1.000 off this guy too. Hyde is on something today!

I don’t think Hyde is a very good manager. He can’t think creatively, doesn’t learn from his mistakes, and repeats choices that haven’t worked.

And he doesn’t seem To adjust. If X isn’t working, instead of trying Y, he just continues X.

That may not all be on him, but he’s the Boss.

Edited by HowAboutThat

3 minutes ago, HowAboutThat said:

I don’t think Hyde is a very good manager. He can’t think creatively, doesn’t learn from his mistakes, and repeats choices that haven’t worked.

And he doesn’t seem To adjust. If X isn’t working, instead of trying Y, he just continues X.

That may not all be on him, but he’s the Boss.

5 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Whoever is writing the lineup deserves the Beer Baron treatment.

janfL2ugPLyJOQzUgEYS_ErvTSI=.gif

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Aristotelian said:

Ya I really wish the press would actually ask these questions. Kjerstad has been playing great and is benched against a RHP starter. 

perhaps he’s not filling out the lineup cards but his words do not match his actions

4 hours ago, KojiSplit said:

So Hyde wants the O’s to be more patient and draw walks and Kjerstad who drew 2 walks yesterday isn’t in the lineup today against a righty and instead Hays is playing.

Don’t even know what’s going on anymore but it’s tiring. You hear Hyde say that and then you see the lineup.. a SigBot special..?

https://x.com/afkostka/status/1816301380652433810

The Marlins starter today Munoz throws fastball/cutter nearly 75% of time (and gets rocked on them too).  Mountcastle, Cowser, Hays are three of the better fastball hitters on the team.  So I can at least rationalize why Hyde started them instead of Kjerstad. 

2 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Bell isn't a prime slugger any more.  Although when Kimbrel is your closer and Webb is your #1 setup guy, your bullpen is in trouble.

He had thrown like 27 pitches at that point. No chance he faces Bell for me.

• Upvote 1