4/9 @ Boston

Just now, Frobby said:

Not happening any time soon.  

I think it might happen sooner than we think honestly.  Not in April but not much longer than that if he keeps up the struggling.  At some point there is just too much going on in AAA to keep ignoring it.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

6 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Mountcastle did slide. But it was a slide where he just plopped down on his butt because he had no momentum. He had no momentum because he was jogging it in slowly. He was jogging it in because he didn't think Mullins would be gambling with taking 3rd and he thought everyone was safe.

Perhaps but either way the correct play is for RMC to follow Gunnar's call which as the throw went into third would have been to run through the plate not slide.  There was NO reason to slide on that play, Gunnar sees it the whole way.  Little things are important.

3 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

I still cant believe the Red Sox lets Devers play third.  He should be 1st base or DH.  He can not hold down third defensively.  And he is getting worse and worse. 

Their SS and outfield were trash today as well...

1 minute ago, Fiver6565 said:

I think it might happen sooner than we think honestly.  Not in April but not much longer than that if he keeps up the struggling.  At some point there is just too much going on in AAA to keep ignoring it.

No move like that until the end of May, and only if Urias continues to struggle mightily.  I have confidence in him, he hasn’t forgotten how to hit.  He’s just off kilter right now.  He was fine all spring.  He’ll get turned around IMO.   

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

No move like that until the end of May, and only if Urias continues to struggle mightily.  I have confidence in him, he hasn’t forgotten how to hit.  He’s just off kilter right now.  He was fine all spring.  He’ll get turned around IMO.   

Yeah, we'll see.  I hope Urias starts hitting again and makes this a real conversation.  I don't think he makes it to the end of May batting below .200, and he has a little work to do to even meet that standard.

The main point of my original post was just to show empathy for these guys.  Its one thing to sit behind a message board and trash these players, but this is their living/life/career.  It can't be easy, and when its somebody we've become accustomed to rooting for, its hard to watch, at least for me.  I don't think that gets discussed enough between all the vitriolic posts about these guys.

Its a little different for a guy like Kemp that I have zero attachment to.  The same principle applies re career/life/etc but that is just way different for me.

Anyway, good win today.  I appreciate your consistently measured and rational posts regardless of topic, for the record.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Not happening any time soon.  

Perhaps not, but I’d be surprised if it doesn’t happen this season. And if he doesn’t start producing, it might well be sooner rather than later.

Too many ways to better cover his role.

19 minutes ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

One response at sosh in reference to the Orioles being really good:

”And they have more players beating down the door. Don’t look at the Norfolk Tides thread in the minor league forum of the current iteration of the Orioles scares you”

What is SOSH? I don’t know the acronym.