Mid-Majors and Little Conferences Rule (Non-CAA Thread)

YardBirds13

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, just wow about the Panthers

--

Mountain West Conference is said to have 4 teams in right now with the SEC with 3. Take that "major" conferences.

Wish I had some College Basketball tv package. oh well, replay of WBC and the O's Nats game will do for now. (OT - Korean player hit a moooooon shot)

Wow' date=' just wow about the Panthers

--

Mountain West Conference is said to have 4 teams in right now [b']with the SEC with 3. Take that "major" conferences.[/b]

Wish I had some College Basketball tv package. oh well, replay of WBC and the O's Nats game will do for now. (OT - Korean player hit a moooooon shot)

God I hope so, Ive been saying for over a month the SEC only deserves no more than 3 bids, even though people like Lunardi have been saying 5.

Wow' date=' just wow about the Panthers

--

Mountain West Conference is said to have 4 teams in right now with the SEC with 3. Take that "major" conferences.

Wish I had some College Basketball tv package. oh well, replay of WBC and the O's Nats game will do for now. (OT - Korean player hit a moooooon shot)[/quote']

UNI has recovered and now has a 7 point lead with under a minute left.

In case me talking about UMBC all the time isn't annoying enough to some OHers, I thank you for this opportunity to express my sadness about UNC-Asheville's cinderella season ending with a loss to Radford in the second round of the Big South tournament last night. :002_scry:

Go Big Dawgz tomorrow!!! (I can call them that when they're playing BU since Terriers are smaller than Retrievers, but it does sound kind of funny calling them "big dogs" when they're playing the Albany Great Danes.)

That was the one thing I didn't like about UCF (my alma mater) moving to C-USA. They were in the MAC for football but Atlantic Sun for everything else. Watching the A-Sun tourney to me is just as exciting if not more than watching the big dance.

Now the only way UCF will make the big dance if they (or someone else) beats Memphis in the C-USA tourney. So for those of you who think I'm being selfish, yes, I am. I miss seeing my school be a 12-14 seed, hang within 10 points the entire game, but fade towards the end b/c of the lack of depth.

Ok, I'm sort of kidding, but it did seem to help Justin Fry when I said to bench him. Seriously, why the heck can't our little man hit a three pointer to save his life all of a sudden?! :cussing:

By the way, Fry is having a pretty good day despite getting into a little foul trouble.

Ok, I'm sort of kidding, but it did seem to help Justin Fry when I said to bench him. Seriously, why the heck can't our little man hit a three pointer to save his life all of a sudden?! :cussing:

By the way, Fry is having a pretty good day despite getting into a little foul trouble.

Ouch. 0-7 now for Greene from 3-point range and BU just got the lead up to 11. What a rough end to a great career for a guy who has meant so much to UMBC. :002_scry:

We came back!!! Down 11 with 5 minutes to go and we win in OT 79-75! I :hearts: LOVE my Retrievers more than Cindy loves her perfect one. Even... no especially... Justin Fry! He was everything he usually hasn't been down the stretch, Proctor was everything he usually is, and Greene made two huge free throws to ice it after not scoring for 44 minutes and 50 seconds (although he did have 8 assists and 8 rebounds). AWESOME game! Now we play #7 seed Albany tomorrow, who upset Vermont earlier today. Only problem is that the tournament is on Albany's home court. Oh well. Hopefully they all caught whatever sickness Mike Trimboli (Vermont's star guard who was playing sick) had! GO BIG DAWGZ!!!

That's how UMBC does it!!!!!!!!!!! What a comeback' date=' now beat those Catamounts, I mean Albany![/quote']

We did! Greene came storming back with 29 points (because that's what happens to UMBC players when I post on OH to bench them) and we took care of the not-so-Great Danes 64-58. Next up: evil Binghamton next Saturday. Hopefully a few more of their players will get arrested stealing magnum condoms from Wal-Mart this week! Oh and by the way, Bench Matt Spadafora! :P

Archived