Mid-Majors and Little Conferences Rule (Non-CAA Thread)

YardBirds13

Wow. I can not believe CBS cut away from the MVC final with less than 1:30 left in a 3 point game. Complete BS.

That is horrible. Sorry to hear about it. Some day soon there will be no need for TV networks as all college sports (or at least Football and Men's Basketball) will be available on the internet free with decent quality feeds. At least I hope so. :)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That is horrible. Sorry to hear about it. Some day soon there will be no need for TV networks as all college sports (or at least Football and Men's Basketball) will be available on the internet free with decent quality feeds. At least I hope so. :)

Uh-oh blue, the game was on MASN today.

I can't wait for next Saturday!!!!

Uh-oh blue, the game was on MASN today.

I can't wait for next Saturday!!!!

Oh I know. I went all the way to Hendersonville (~25 minutes from Asheville) to watch it at the one bar in the area with MASN and the little speakers so you can hear the sound. The one thing I hate about Asheville is that it's a horrible sports town... but I've created a few new UMBC fans (who had never heard of it before) at my little bar in Hendersonville. Go Dawgz!!!!!!

I am bummed that we're facing Binghamton and not UNH, but they have looked totally beatable in their first two games, even against lowly Hartford. Their late-game luck has to run out some time and who better than Proctor & Greene to make sure it does?

Fortunately, I was able to watch Mason on ESPN 360 over the internet. I just discovered it this weekend. It was awesome because I couldn't find them on TV.

UMBC vs. Binghamton 11am-ESPN2 - I'm sure a good amount of people will be up for this one. I have watched so much basketball this week. (That's a good thing.:D) Alright Retrievers' date=' it's time for back to back American East tournament titles and the automatic bid to the big dance![/quote']

Stupid national TV schedule making me get up early on Saturday morning to watch the final. Oh well, the 11 am time slot worked well for the Retrievers last year... :boogie:

UMBC had their chances the last 5 min...They couldn't score.

Hats off to Binghamton for making things really tough on Greene and Proctor today. Whatever I think of their character issues and recruiting methods or Broadus's showy praying on the sideline (who are you trying to call attention to Kevin, God or yourself??), they were the better team on the court today. I sure will miss Jay and DP, but I'm proud that they're graduating and I'm sure they will have great success in their post-college lives. :002_scry:

Awesome careers for Greene and Proctor, the conference sure will be missing a lot without them and I truly wish them both the best.

That said, I have never felt better as a sports fan than I do now. Court-storming sure was fun. GO BEARCATS!

Awesome careers for Greene and Proctor, the conference sure will be missing a lot without them and I truly wish them both the best.

That said, I have never felt better as a sports fan than I do now. Court-storming sure was fun. GO BEARCATS!

Congrats to you. Binghamton fans have been loyal and rooted hard for their team even before it really gave them anything to cheer for. I have to respect that passion.

Congratulations to Morgan State on earning their first NCAA appearance! :clap3:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/college/basketball/mens/bal-morgan0314,0,4856866.story

I mentioned this in the Terps forum, but I really hope they don't make Morgan do the play-in game. I think they are a better team than that. I read somewhere there is even a possibility that they may get a 15 seed. Nice season for the Bears, and great to see at least one of the Baltimore schools got in. I'm very surprised that they haven't extended Todd Bozeman yet though.

Archived