Saturday is Burnes Day vs the Royals

SteveA

6 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

We have 4 pitchers on the dl currently.  It is basically the same pen as last year that was pretty good.  The Astros went hard for ullprn help and they have been utterly awful and they spent a lot of money on it.  

Wells injury was huge. Had him in their back pocket as pen option. No longer. 

1 minute ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

I meant to type 2 seasons. I have fat fingers.

Perez, Akin, Cano, Tate, Baker, have all been successful and they aren't even that talented.  Heck they made an All Star out of Jorge Lopez and he sucks.

Tate was actually a top draft pick and a top prospect at one time. I don't know what happened to him after the 22' season. But he has sucked since. Cano was good last season and wasn't on the team before that. Baker has good velo, no movement, and no secondaries. Perez was great in 22' and ok in 23'. Akin was not good last year.

Of all, I can find none of the names that you mentioned who have had consecutive seasons of success.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

He probably should have traded for Bednar and his ERA of 14 everyone was clamoring about all off season.

Um that "everyone" doesn't include me as I never said that.

But if he did that and it didn't work out, I don't think he could be criticized. But when you do nothing or scouring the waiver wire, it leaves it a little more open to criticism. 

• Upvote 1