orioles119

I find this funny. The writers of the Game of Shadows werent even baseball writers. Basically they just used Bonds for their own personal gain. I hope when Barry retires he hires someone to write a book on all these sportswriters and gets people to dig. Then publishes it.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One thing to add, I know we all say we don't like Bonds, but I wonder how we would act if we were in the stadium last night.

I was in Citzen's Bank Park the night he hit 713 and I remember talking crap the whole way to the game about how I wouldn't cheer, wouldn't clap blah blah blah.

Then he hit it, and along with everyone else I jumped up and cheered like a 12 year old girl in front of the Backstreet Boys. Ended up high fiving a fellow Italian in the row in front of me from New Jersey.

I don't know...maybe it was just because Sal Fasano was on the field.

I would react the same way I said I would if ARod had hit his 500th at OPACY...I'd stand and clap, recognize the achievement, but I definitely wouldn't be cheering and going crazy...and absolutely no high-fives.

I find this funny. The writers of the Game of Shadows werent even baseball writers. Basically they just used Bonds for their own personal gain. I hope when Barry retires he hires someone to write a book on all these sportswriters and gets people to dig. Then publishes it.

Huh? They are and were investigative reporters for the SF Chronicle newspaper. They were investigating steroids in all sports. They didn't single out and target Barry Bonds. Jezzz.... :rolleyes:

In the course of their investigative research, Williams and Fainaru-Wada were the first to report that:

* track star Marion Jones purportedly received illegal drugs from the steroid supplier BALCO (Jones has denied the reports)

* world record-holder Tim Montgomery testified before a federal grand jury that he had used steroids

* baseball slugger Jason Giambi testified that he had used steroids

Lance Williams and Mark Fainaru-Wada

Huh? They are and were investigative reporters for the SF Chronicle newspaper. They were investigating steroids in all sports. They didn't single out and target Barry Bonds. Jezzz.... :rolleyes:

Lance Williams and Mark Fainaru-Wada

Whose on the cover? Barry. And they said they did it for the love of the reporting, maybe Barry tooks roids for his love of baseball. Someone go back and dig up some crap on these guys and write a book about them

Whose on the cover? Barry. And they said they did it for the love of the reporting, maybe Barry tooks roids for his love of baseball. Someone go back and dig up some crap on these guys and write a book about them

Yeah... I'm sure it will be a runaway best seller. :rolleyes:

Using that logic I could make an argument that robbing a bank and killing the teller is the best choice for my family. After all, we could use the money.

THe guy is a cheater, and worse than that a liar. Not to mention he is one of the most surly a-holes inthe game. Screw Barry Bands, and his tainted record.

That's a huge leap in logic, and I'm sure you know that. Bonds' decision didn't hurt anyone else, and was one at least half of his peers made imo. Aaron's record is probably tainted as well if using illegal substances to improve one's game taints it.

I have a "friend" who argues that every player since 1988 should be looked at as a possible steroid user and that it is unfair to single out Bonds. He goes on to give examples that how could we know if Cal took steroids especially since he was able to pplay 2632 consecutive games. I can't even argue with him because I'm so incredulous.

I'm not going to address the Ripken thing, but steroids in baseball started well before 1988, look at my "Did the HR King cheat?" thread.

Why are you so against the media? Especially when the book is just an off-shoot of them doing their job.

What is your opinion of Jose Canseco and his book?

Why are you so against the media? Especially when the book is just an off-shoot of them doing their job.

What is your opinion of Jose Canseco and his book?

Cause I try to put myself in the players shoes. Try it. Nobody would like to go through with people prying in their lives 24/7. I am tired of these sports writers who think they are perfect. If you are gonna have an opinion and write about someone publicly you better be able be perfectly clean yourself. Half of these writers try to be bigger then the athletes they cover. Most of them cower when someone calls them out. Its hilarious when Barry says something to Pedro Gomez, he is almost like a little puppy hiding cause he is scared. These guys dont even stand up for themselves. Then they will write something the next day like a little girl. I could go on. Not all sportswriters are like this, but alot are.

Canseco is a scumbag. What happens in the clubhouse stays in the clubhouse. And the only reason he wrote it is because he was broke.

Do you realize the reporters almost went to jail protecting one of their sources? It isn't like they were just out for a quick buck. They did their job and did it well. They shed light on something going on that was clearly wrong. How could you possibly have a problem with that?

I still can't believe those jerks Woodward and Bernstein either!

Archived