Baseball America’s Top 100 MLB Players

RZNJ

7 minutes ago, foxfield said:

I don’t think I could make a list of 26 people I’d rather have than Gunnar. 

Agreed, but I think Gunnar needs to sustain his April production for a bit to get in that top 10 conversation for those who aren't O's fans. Based on last year, his biggest flaw was the room for improvement vs LHP. So far he is off to a great start in that department. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Philip said:

What does Westburg have to do to get on this list? I can’t imagine he doesn’t deserve a spot somewhere.

Just do it for longer.  Not the pace he's on now, but show that he's a plus bat for more than a month.

I love Adley and glad we have him, of course. But top 10 in the game seems a little rich to me. And with quite a few young catchers developing throughout the league, even the positional scarcity part of his valuation is diminishing a little bit. 

12 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

I love Adley and glad we have him, of course. But top 10 in the game seems a little rich to me. And with quite a few young catchers developing throughout the league, even the positional scarcity part of his valuation is diminishing a little bit. 

Adley’s value must be in the little things, because he already has a career WAR of 10.7 in fewer than 2 seasons of ABs. 

It'll be interesting to see if Adley and/or Holliday can find paths to outdo Gunnar like Sigbot thought they should.    In both cases it probably takes beating him by a bunch of points of batting average.

Gunnar's from a similar draft tier to Ripken and Murray so you really can't do better than that when it really hits.

Holliday's slow start has reminded me some of guys like Rich Dauer, Drungo Hazewood or Robert Boyce who were Orioles 1st rounders near the time of Cal and Eddie, and only got as far as supporting roles and/or inspiration for OH handles.

Next week in Rodon and Cortes I'm sure he'll still be up there leading off against some of the stronger likely LHSP candidates he may also see in Very Important Games later this season.     Ragans, Framber, Fried...nope, still not shrinking his lion's share of the team plate appearances.   I figure Colin Poche will pitch against him in all 13 Rays games this season.

7 minutes ago, Philip said:

Adley’s value must be in the little things, because he already has a career WAR of 10.7 in fewer than 2 seasons of ABs. 

fWAR had him at #16. Not quite top 10 but very close. If he is on someone's top 10 list I'm not arguing.

Gunnar's at bats in his last couple games have been amazing... reaching out on a changeup to dink a double down the left field line, pulling his hands allllllllllllllll the way in to muscle a 2 RBI dinker over a drawn-in infield.

I mean... the dude does it all. His defense is above average. He is an excellent baserunner. He's aggressive. He knows the strike zone to the half inch. 

We're lucky to have him.