Sunday, April 28: A's vs Orioles

SteveA

3 minutes ago, survivedc said:

Read my above post. Needing bullpen help is different than trading for it.

Again, I didn't say it HAD to be a trade.  That said, that certainly COULD have been the way to do so, especially when we have Stowers and Norby who are never going to play for the Os.  Not to mention the other depth we have, if needed.  But we also could have opened the checkbook a bit and signed some of the decent middle relief type pitchers who were available instead of just standing pat on the Webbs of the world and picking up the scraps from other teams.  Or sign another starter and keep Irvin/Wells/whoever in the bullpen.  But we didn't, and we are paying for it now.  

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Lol, A's bringing in random guys throwing 99 mph, and the world series contending Orioles have the DFA squad. 

Really wish I could send this message to Elias.

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Exactly. Hyde has this fascinatination with matchups. He keeps running out 6 mediocr guys and is surprised when two of them are off.

He's a by-the-book manager. He's a shop keeper. He's liked by the players, but no one will confuse him with a great manager. But a great manager is needed to win the WS. Just go back and check WS-winning managers.