How much do we REALLY lose(and what do we gain) by replacing Urias at 3b with Mayo...or Norby going to 2b...and Westy back to 3B?

10 minutes ago, Matt Bennett said:

I’m really not the one pounding on the table for a Norby/Mayo promotion. Mayo’s 89 games in AAA isn’t a ludicrous stay there and I’m skeptical Norby can contribute enough on either side of the ball in the bigs. Basically I just wanted to point out that the team can always get better. Winning 18 of 28 games is not an acceptable reason to make a change, if there is one to be made. You say nothing is broken, but Urias is broken. He has been and is a problem. Just because the team is winning at .600+%, doesn’t mean you don’t try to replace bad production with good production. It’s the same argument you heard from Frazier defenders when Westburg was knocking on the door. Maybe the answer to the Urias problem is to keep giving Urias at-bats. I’m starting to doubt it but I’m not ready to cut him. Cleary the front office is ready to give a prospect a chance to supplant Urias (Holliday). Maybe a Norby or Mayo won’t squander their opportunity. 

And Yeah, the Orioles could have more than 18 wins if Urias had been better. The goal is to win as many games as possible. Urias has been a glaring liability. There’s no guarantee Norby/Mayo would be better. But that’s true of every prospect and at some point you have to take that chance if the major league production isn’t good enough. And below replacement level isn’t good enough. 

As a last point, again I don’t care what OH posters wanted to do with Henderson:

2022 Aug/Sep/Oct: 128 wRC+

2023 Mar/Apr 2023: 96 wRC+
2023 May: 103 wRC+

This is not the profile of a player you are demoting. Henderson started off hot, then cooled off into a league average contributor for a couple months. Before obviously exploding into the rookie of the year and MVP candidate we see now. It’s a ridiculous case to send this player to the minors. 

I feel like you are hanging 4 bullpen losses on Urias. Maybe they need to get better?

10 minutes ago, Malike said:

I feel like you are hanging 4 bullpen losses on Urias. Maybe they need to get better?

Yes? The bullpen can get better? Though I think Means & Bradish returning will indirectly help that. 

Perhaps they wouldn’t have been in a situation to blow a tight game if we had scored more runs. I’m not sure how there’s controversy over saying Urias has been terrible thus far (short picture) and been in a consistent decline (longer picture). 

1 minute ago, Matt Bennett said:

Yes? The bullpen can get better? Though I think Means & Bradish returning will indirectly help that. 

Perhaps they wouldn’t have been in a situation to blow a tight game if we had scored more runs. I’m not sure how there’s controversy over saying Urias has been terrible thus far (short picture) and been in a consistent decline (longer picture). 

There is no controversy in saying if he was hitting better they might have won more games, but you hanging the losses solely on him is a horrible take. Your words - the Orioles could have more than 18 wins if Urias had been better. - That same sentence could apply to multiple players during each loss.

10 minutes ago, Malike said:

There is no controversy in saying if he was hitting better they might have won more games, but you hanging the losses solely on him is a horrible take. Your words - the Orioles could have more than 18 wins if Urias had been better. - That same sentence could apply to multiple players during each loss.

Yes, the Orioles could have more than 18 wins if a number of different players had played better. But Urias has been bad and a lot of those other players have been good. Typically you try to target bad production when theorizing how to improve a team. I think you would ask me what my point was if I said “The Orioles could have more than 18 wins if Gunnar was doing better”. The same sentence applying to Urias makes a lot more sense, since he has been below replacement level.