Kyle Bradish 2024

RVAOsFan

Just now, Roy Firestone said:

I only wish Means was healthy to give us a true 6 man rotation...but Bradish IN MY OPINION is the true ace...better than Burnes. If he stays healthy, which is a big IF, he would be the game 1 starter for me..Kevin Brown and I compared him to a vintage Hersheiser in 1988...He's that good. The question is...does he stay healthy?

Did you see him smiling and looking so confident in the dugout in the third inning of todays game? It was like he KNEW he was going to dominate, and he did.

10 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

Is he the one that gets an extension first?

Nah. He'll be 32 at free agency. We have rights to him for 4 more years after this one. Too much risk with KB. Just enjoy him while he's healthy. 

38 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

Is he the one that gets an extension first?

Why would you prioritize extending any pitcher over any equivalent level positional player given injury risk?

6 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

I only wish Means was healthy to give us a true 6 man rotation...but Bradish IN MY OPINION is the true ace...better than Burnes. If he stays healthy, which is a big IF, he would be the game 1 starter for me..Kevin Brown and I compared him to a vintage Hersheiser in 1988...He's that good. The question is...does he stay healthy?

He’s really something to watch when he’s got all his pitches working.  I think that even if Bradish is slightly better than Burnes, the O’s probably would start Burnes in game one of a playoff series due to the experience factor.  But that decision is more than four months away and like you said, let’s see who’s healthy.