Go get Kopech..and other potential BP additions

8 minutes ago, TommyPickles said:

I always thought it was because they thought he couldn't stay healthy. Now he's stayed healthy for 2.5 years.

Possible but there is little downside to keeping a guy with options, regardless of health issues. If that was their thinking, that was a mistake and they should take a look at bringing him back.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

If the DBacks (continue to) fall out of contention would they trade Ginkel? 2 1/2 years left. He'd be an awesome set up guy for Bautista next year and the dude didn't allow a single run in last years playoff run. For this year, he could step in as closer or set up.

Edited by G54377

26 minutes ago, G54377 said:

If the DBacks (continue to) fall out of contention would they trade Ginkel? 2 1/2 years left. He'd be an awesome set up guy for Bautista next year and the dude didn't allow a single run in last years playoff run. For this year, he could step in as closer or set up.

Doubt it. 

Paul Sewald suffered a grade 2 oblique strain late in spring training, but he deserves the extra rest after last October.

If he looks himself when he gets back and ARZ does indeed fall out, that's another top tier name.

2 minutes ago, SilentJames said:

Has anyone looked into Tanner Scott? The Marlins are already blowing it up. 

I think last I looked he had more walks than innings pitched. We are looking for a high leverage guy at this point and I don’t think you can rely on his best stuff every night.

1 hour ago, SilentJames said:

Has anyone looked into Tanner Scott? The Marlins are already blowing it up. 

This has been mentioned multiple times, including in its own thread.  

Helsley is easily the choice of those 3. He’s the best of the bunch right now and is also under control next year which would help ease Felix back in.

If Pressly is better these next few months, he would be a fine option with his playoff track record, but his stuff isn’t quite as good as it was last year (FB down 1 MPH) and he’s getting hit hard right now. 

The Orioles could find interest in Kopech if the White Sox are already done. I’d like to see Elias pounce early assuming Getz asking price is within reason. He now has 26 Ks in 19 innings, a 6 h/9 and a hr/9 of 1.4. Plus 4 saves … He’s blown a few but I’m wondering if their defense is still lousy. Seems like a good get if you don’t need him to close.