Go get Kopech..and other potential BP additions

I think Elias is going to let the pitching shake out. Baumann isn’t all that important because he could easily and rightfully be replaced by the shuttle. The question comes what do we have after it all shakes out and who is available. I dont think Kopech, Puk, or Scott, is the move right now. We shall see. But things change fast. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Greg Pappas said:

I imagine Kopech would cost more than Norby/Stowers. Perhaps notably more.  There are many teams that would be in on acquiring him, so IMHO they are not taking back an older (26) AAA guy like Stowers, though he still has decent value.  What it would take is hard to figure, but I'd think Beavers would be someone they'd be interested in.

Norby OR Stowers might not be enough.  Both together would be affordable and a legit package for a really good reliever.  I would want someone better than Kopech if it's both together.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, 24fps said:

Norby OR Stowers might not be enough.  Both together would be affordable and a legit package for a really good reliever.  I would want someone better than Kopech if it's both together.

Right, that's what I meant by the slash.  It's a lazy way or just using an already short word (or) LOL!

If we move on from Baumann right now, I’d like to see us rotate fresh arms of Baker, Tate, and Vespi. With Krook, Ort, and Heasley being on the next tier. This won’t solve our Kimbrel problem but then we won’t have to trade for a 2nd reliever along the way like a Kopech, Scott, or Puk. 

Is Eloy Jiminez worth discussing?  Team options for 2025 and 2026.  Good RH hitter but can't stay healthy.  Feels Santa-adjacent.  No real clue about clubhouse presence.  How much is a bench/role bat worth?  My guess is more to other teams than us, but in a package?

43 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

If we move on from Baumann right now, I’d like to see us rotate fresh arms of Baker, Tate, and Vespi. With Krook, Ort, and Heasley being on the next tier. This won’t solve our Kimbrel problem but then we won’t have to trade for a 2nd reliever along the way like a Kopech, Scott, or Puk. 

I hate watching baker pitch so much it invokes the worst feeling of bad oriole reliever moments in my lifetime. I’d rather watch Benitez give up gopher balls in the playoffs, Kevin Gregg try to earn every save, give me Doug jones or Mike Tillman over Brian baker. I legitimately question Elias’ talent discernment because baker is still in the organization.

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Where are you putting all these picthers? Grod and Wells coming back says good bye to Baumann and Akin or Wells to AAA or both if you take on Kopech or Scott both of which is just another good picther, which he have plenty of already. Those AAA guys will need some injueies.

34 minutes ago, baltimoriole said:

I hate watching baker pitch so much it invokes the worst feeling of bad oriole reliever moments in my lifetime. I’d rather watch Benitez give up gopher balls in the playoffs, Kevin Gregg try to earn every save, give me Doug jones or Mike Tillman over Brian baker. I legitimately question Elias’ talent discernment because baker is still in the organization.

Baker is just ORG. depth at this point, I don't question ME, but I'm with you a 100%, those 3 walks against Texas in the Playoffs were as bad as it gets

14 minutes ago, TommyPickles said:

How about Hunter Harvey?

Just a hunch, I don't think we would have given up on him without a reason. At the time he was a live arm with options making the minimum. Maybe an attitude thing or Sigbot metric they don't like. On paper he's an interesting target.

Just now, Aristotelian said:

Just a hunch, I don't think we would have given up on him without a reason. At the time he was a live arm with options making the minimum. Maybe an attitude thing or Sigbot metric they don't like. On paper he's an interesting target.

I tend to agree. Never critical of Elias but Harvey and Aguilar were the two decision I’ll never understand.

1 hour ago, Aristotelian said:

I always thought it was because they thought he couldn't stay healthy. Now he's stayed healthy for 2.5 years.