Albert Belle hitting 3 homers on Turn Ahead The Clock Day

I think he'd have done really, really well here if the hip didn't give out.  Outside of not making the Glenn Davis trade, one of the bigger "What ifs?" in club history.

I don't think the early 2000s teams would have been much better, but he would have been great to watch.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

I think he'd have done really, really well here if the hip didn't give out.  Outside of not making the Glenn Davis trade, one of the bigger "What ifs?" in club history.

I don't think the early 2000s teams would have been much better, but he would have been great to watch.

I remember watching that game.  I think he got HBP and didn't want to go down to 1st because he wanted a chance to hit his 4th HR of the day. 

Anyways he was great player, a beast when he was healthy.   Such a shame about the hip.

• Upvote 1

I remember after the game, he did a rare press conference and went after Sun reporter Joe Strauss. 

A friend of mine, Farshad Homayoun, would defend every stupid thing Belle did. He looked like such a jerk when the hip caused Belle to leave the team.

18 hours ago, RavensNOsGuy said:

Were those like 90s City Connect jerseys lol? I don’t remember those at all.

Pretty much.  They did a dumb thing one day in the late 90s where they had these futuristic jerseys, a mock-up of what they thought baseball teams would wear in the future.

They only lasted for a game, or maybe a series.  None of them were good, ours were better than most but I think the Mariners were the absolute worst.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Pretty much.  They did a dumb thing one day in the late 90s where they had these futuristic jerseys, a mock-up of what they thought baseball teams would wear in the future.

They only lasted for a game, or maybe a series.  None of them were good, ours were better than most but I think the Mariners were the absolute worst.

🤢

image.thumb.jpeg.c14e90da6f4b6c01ff78c252f356224b.jpeg

image.jpeg.7a6dcd0a67cd7ea619fa920dd89fd879.jpeg

16 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

🤢

image.thumb.jpeg.c14e90da6f4b6c01ff78c252f356224b.jpeg

image.jpeg.7a6dcd0a67cd7ea619fa920dd89fd879.jpeg

Man, the Mets one is terrible.  Is that a female gender symbol on Hershiser?  

Compared to some of the City Connects I've seen, I don't mind the Rockies and Giants jerseys.  

The Mariners jersey is as bad as I remember it.  

On 5/24/2024 at 4:16 PM, Moose Milligan said:

Man, the Mets one is terrible.  Is that a female gender symbol on Hershiser?  

Compared to some of the City Connects I've seen, I don't mind the Rockies and Giants jerseys.  

The Mariners jersey is as bad as I remember it.  

It's the planet symbol for Mercury. No idea what that has to do with the Metropolitans.

• Upvote 1