FIX THE DANG BULLPEN

DocJJ

To be fair, the bullpen is middle of the pack. Kimbrel, Cano, Coulombe, and Akin are very good. Webb, Suarez, and Perez are okay. Not good enough for where we want to go though.

There's not a lot of inspiration in Norfolk, but I wonder if Luis Gonzalez or Kade Strowd gets a look soon.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I firmly believe Elias is attempting to build a package around Mountcastle and Kjerstad w/ 2 to 3 lesser valued pieces in exchange for a good starter
    • And here is the coverage map to determine if Fox is airing out game where you live:  https://506sports.com/mlb.php
    • We probably need to consider who we want facing Soto out of the pen. We need a Soto stopper. https://stathead.com/baseball/versus-finder.cgi?player_id1=soto--003jua&utm_medium=sr_xsite&utm_source=br&utm_campaign=2023_01_player_innernav_stathead&__hstc=107817757.2f3f33a24b44870ec4a577029c49e44b.1699920000170.1699920000171.1699920000172.1&__hssc=107817757.1.1699920000173&__hsfp=966217318 Those are his career stats versus all pitchers. He tunes mostly everyone up pretty good. Some lefties stand out though. More as SP though. Just something to think about for what it seems is an inevitable playoff showdown. 
    • So I’ve spent a bunch of time of Suarez’ BBref page and it’s fascinating.  17 seasons of baseball all over the world in an a ton of leagues (APPY, NYPL, MIDW, GULF, FLOR, VEWL, SOUL, TL, NL, PCL, CALL, ARZ, JPEL, JPCL, KBO, IL, AL) The thing I’ve noticed is that he is incredibly consistent.  In all those 17 seasons: 1. His total era in all 17 years is 3.60 (3.81 MLB, 3.71MiLB, 3.45 Foreign) 2. His total H9 is is 9.0 (8.4MLB, 8.9MiLB, 9.1 Foreign) 3. His total HR9 is 0.7 (.9MLB, .8MiLB, .5 Foreign) 4. His total BB9 is 2.7 (3.0MLB, 2.5MiLB, 2.8 Foreign) 5. His total k9 is 7.0 (6.8 MLB, 6.7 MiLB, 7.7 Foreign) He’s done that pitching  quite a few innings (175MLB, 636MiLB, 676 Foreign) For comparison sake this year he is 2.43era, 7.9H9, 0.2HR9, 3.3BB9, & 6.8K9.  His H9 & HR9 are down a good bit resulting in the lower era.  The BB9 is up slightly and the k9 is right at his career average.  I see some regression  in his future as the HR9 returns closer to career avg. but I don’t see him completely falling off a cliff.   Hes not going to over power you but you know what your going to get.  I find it pretty incredible how he’s maintained a very consistent output of performance throughout his 17 years.  Not a lot of peaks and values.  That has a ton of value.  Glad to see him have some success in the later part of his career.  Easy guy to root for.   
    • Cowser has shown his defense is good in center too.  Robert strikes out more than Cowser and I don’t see wasting resources on him.  I can’t image the orioles would want him.
    • Definitely a potential up/down righty on righty option behind Tate. Definite 40 man add this off-season if he keeps it up.
    • Ah yes the good old days of tickets printed on paper product.
  • Popular Contributors