Friday May 24: Orioles at White Sox, exclusively televised by AppleTV+ [RAIN DELAYED START]

SteveA

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

At least Burnes did what he should have done against a banjo hitter like Lopez.  

Steve Martin was an excellent banjo player. Maybe he can help with banjo hitters. 

• Haha 1

Just now, elextrano8 said:

I love watching these games with you guys, but damn is this the biggest group of doomers I've ever been around!

It's impossible to be a voice of reason in the game thread. It's like....nobody has ever watched baseball before, but it's every day. I like watching it with everyone too, though.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Moshagge3 said:

Soto, Judge and Stanton all homer in the same inning off Yu Darvish who came in with an ERA of 2.17... the gap between the Yankees and Orioles is looking huge these days. They have to cool off, right?

If those three stay healthy all season then the Yankees are pretty much untouchable.  Orioles just have to worry about themselves.  

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

Huh? The bat hit McCann and kept him from from moving forward to field the ball. I don't what the rule is.

I suppose you could argue that it made him lose his focus. It was not impeding his path to the ball.  He waited to pursue it. Not sure if he was trying to sell it like a basketball or soccer game play. But that’s what it looked like to me. 

Tony-OH seems to agree. 

Edited by ChuckS

Just now, accinfo said:

If those three stay healthy all season then the Yankees are pretty much untouchable.  Orioles just have to worry about themselves.  

It has to end sometime. They are all injuries waiting to happen.