O's Acquire Thyago Vieira

3.76 ERA overall in 26.1 IP. It was 2.25 ERA 5 days ago. We tried to fix him last September, but left him off the playoff roster. The Mets still paid him. Fuji too. 

Man, sometimes you can ride one pitch, his sinker, to being dominant. See Jorge Lopez, Ryan Brazier, and Robert Stephenson. 

7 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

3.76 ERA overall in 26.1 IP. It was 2.25 ERA 5 days ago. We tried to fix him last September, but left him off the playoff roster. The Mets still paid him. Fuji too. 

Man, sometimes you can ride one pitch, his sinker, to being dominant. See Jorge Lopez, Ryan Brazier, and Robert Stephenson. 

I'm not sure the front office will want to bring in a guy who just lost it like he did yesterday.    I understand that playing for a loser can be frustrating, but his actions yesterday were very unprofessional.    

4 minutes ago, Orioles West said:

I don’t suppose we need a separate appreciation thread for the DFA today?

It would just be everyone appreciating that he's gone and not appreciating that the DFA didn't happen 15 minutes after his O's debut game ended, so really not much point I suppose.  Catharsis maybe. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

Vieira claimed on waivers by the reigning National League Champion Diamondbacks.

Honestly, I'm glad he's gone. Sure, the guy throws hard, but all of his statcast data shows a lack of movement and we know he has a lack of not just command, but control. 

• Upvote 2

He I remember waivers right… seems like he made it all the way through the AL then half of the NL. That’s part of the equation on some of these waiver moves. If all fails, we could be the team to pass them through waivers to AAA to continue working with them, and have them as depth. 

Yohan Ramirez surviving on the Dodgers.  Last 6.

6 IP, 3 H, 1 BB, 3 K, 0 runs.

Mike Baumann.  Last 5

5 IP, 2 H, 1 unearned run, 1 BB, 5 K

You never know.