The 2024 Trade Deadline

43 minutes ago, dystopia said:

If I’m Elias theres no way in hell I’m doing that Fedde deal. I’m not even sure I do that Crochet deal given his durability concerns/innings limit. 

Ok, I’m just curious why?   Fedde is signed at 7.5M for next year and has been a very solid #2-#3 type starter this year.  McDermott is most likely a reliever.  Chace has talent but has control issues as well.  Bradfield needs to hit.  Is Bradfield the biggest deterrent or just the whole thing?

1 hour ago, btdart20 said:

I think CHW says no to the Crochet deal.  But yes to the Fedde deal.  Does Elias put a 1sr rounder on the block?

Probably not, as to your question.    That’s 3 top ten picks in our system and Kjerstad is top 25 on many sites.   You think they can do better?

5 hours ago, RZNJ said:

I floated this idea the other day.  Going to try a slight different version today.

For Crochet,  Kjerstad, Norby, DeLeon

For Fedde,  Bradfield, McDermott, Chace

1. Feel free to call them overpays or underpays

2. Do the White Sox say no?

I think those are two strong packages or one overall very strong package.  I think the Crochet deal is clearly stronger than the Burnes deal was at the time for a pitcher with more control but durability questions.

We still hold onto our top 3.  They can try to manage Crochet’s workload if they/you believe in that.  Bottom line, we strongly upgrade the starting staff.    

Burnes, GRod, Crochet, Kremer, Fedde.   You’re back to having depth with Irvin to the pen and Povich to AAA.   You can use Crochet as an opener to manage his innings.

We still have chips like Beavers, Willems, Baumeister, Fabian to get rental relievers.

Of course, this guts a lot of top and mid level prospects but it keeps Basallo, Holliday, and Mayo here.  With the upcoming draft, and the Latin program showing real progress in the lower minors, I think there’s no doubt we can take the position player hit.  Losing McDermott and DeLeon is tough but if you get two starters from the Sox you have to send some arms back.  

The Fedde package sounds fair.  Who is Chace?  Not sure which prospect that is.  I think Bradfield might be more McKenna than (Peak) Mullins.  I think the WS are going to hold out for one of O's big 3 or similar prospect or wait til the offseason like they did with Cease.

3 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

The Fedde package sounds fair.  Who is Chace?  Not sure which prospect that is.  I think Bradfield might be more McKenna than (Peak) Mullins.  I think the WS are going to hold out for one of O's big 3 or similar prospect or wait til the offseason like they did with Cease.

Moises Chace is a 20 yo pitcher who starts at Aberdeen and strikes a lot of guys out but also walks to many.  I think he throws 92-95.  He’s a 3rd type piece in a deal but he has actual value as opposed to when people try to throw Max Wagner in as a 3rd piece.

I think we should wait for the deadline.  We're a lock for a WC spot.  So why make a big trade unless it's for a Game 3 SP?  If it's a home game at OPACY then I want a LH SP.  

The names that could be available are Snell, Montgomery, Quintana, Tyler Anderson, Reid Detmers, Manaea, and Kikuchi.  

I know we've lost 5 in a row, but it's not that bad.  Look who we've lost to.  

Edited by sportsfan8703

11 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Moises Chace is a 20 yo pitcher who starts at Aberdeen and strikes a lot of guys out but also walks to many.  I think he throws 92-95.  He’s a 3rd type piece in a deal but he has actual value as opposed to when people try to throw Max Wagner in as a 3rd piece.

Was jealous on DSL last year?  Hadn't heard of him?

16 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I would rather have Povich versus Fedde for this current season.  

Povich is good.  He's faced the best comp in MLB so far.  

That’s quite a leap of faith.  Povich has had one good start.  He was ok in 2 and bad in the other.  Fedde has been consistently good all year.   Povich could be just as good or better from here on out but I’d put the chances of that at about 10-20%.

Just now, RZNJ said:

That’s quite a leap of faith.  Povich has had one good start.  He was ok in 2 and bad in the other.  Fedde has been consistently good all year.   Povich could be just as good or better from here on out but I’d put the chances of that at about 10-20%.

Look at the comp though.  As anyone checked the game log to see if Fedde in his whole season so far has faced better comp in even 5 of his starts?

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I am actually higher on Povich than you and some others.  I don't think he has special 'stuff'.  But I do think that him being a lefthander....a very very tall lefthander with a someone sweeping and unorthodox delivery.....creates problems for hitters that a shorter right hander with a standard delivery does not present. 

10 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I’ll stick to that I’ll take Povich over Fedde for the rest of this current season. Fedde hasn’t had 5 starts all season as tough as Povich‘s first 5 starts of his career.

Povich is good. Hate to break it to people. 

IMG_5626.jpeg

If Povich had been drafted 1 and 1 like a certain someone we know, or better yet even in the first round at all?  The same people here poo pooing him would all be saying how great he is and how special his first few appearances in the majors have been.

It is all about hype and perception.  Hence why certain people on social media for example are so popular even though they do nothing. 

17 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

I am actually higher on Povich than you and some others.  I don't think he has special 'stuff'.  But I do think that him being a lefthander....a very very tall lefthander with a someone sweeping and unorthodox delivery.....creates problems for hitters that a shorter right hander with a standard delivery does not present. 

What do you consider very, very tall?   I’m higher on Povich than I used to be.  I just don’t expect him to be consistent.

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

What do you consider very, very tall?   I’m higher on Povich than I used to be.  I just don’t expect him to be consistent.

Well I am 6'1".  I am considered tall.  He is 2 to 3 inches taller than me.  So I would put him up there as far as what people would consider very tall.  I may have exaggerated a tad there as he is tall, but it isn't like he is 6 foot 8.  I think it goes back to what I said about him being a lefty with a somewhat unorthodox delivery.  He seems like he is all legs so it gives him the appearance of even being taller.  He kind of reminds me a Jim Palmer in that respect.  With Palmer being a righty obviously.  Povich being a lefty only helps.