The 2024 Trade Deadline

10 hours ago, jamesenoch said:

I appreciate you being diligent enough to find this. But this video is not very good. This is some random Giants fan who appears to know very little about MLB and even less about the Orioles.

I guess it's good if you are looking to laugh. But other than that pretty much a waste as this is a trip into "delusionalville".

Black Snell with his 6.31 ERA and frequent injury history for Basallo...lol

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, jamesenoch said:

Dotel is interesting guy as he was great the last few years but has really struggled this year.  The velocity is still there but the results are not so could be a mechanical issue that are lab could fix.  The question is do the Giants want to trade him at a low point with not as much value.   I would probably do that deal of Bright and Hovarth on his upside.  The Basallo thing is a pipe dream there isn’t anyone of their team I would trade him for honestly.  Snell will cost very little with that salary and performance.  A deal like Hovarth, Bright, Stowers and a lottery ticket or 2 wouldn’t be bad if Giants eat some money this season.  

4 hours ago, Bemorewins said:

I appreciate you being diligent enough to find this. But this video is not very good. This is some random Giants fan who appears to know very little about MLB and even less about the Orioles.

I guess it's good if you are looking to laugh. But other than that pretty much a waste as this is a trip into "delusionalville".

Black Snell with his 6.31 ERA and frequent injury history for Basallo...lol

Snell is a beast. I don’t care about his March/April starts. That was his ST. He’s been good since he came off the IL. 

Snell is a good option. 

13 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Snell is a beast. I don’t care about his March/April starts. That was his ST. He’s been good since he came off the IL. 

Snell is a good option. 

Are you agreeing with the person in the video who suggested trading Snell for Basallo?

Just now, Bemorewins said:

Are you agreeing with the person in the video who suggested trading Snell for Basallo?

Hell no. Lmao. Snell in general. I’d rather Papa Rubenstein pay the salary price versus the farm what it will take for Skubal or Crochet. 

Us having the WALL, and not having a LH SP for that WALL in the playoffs, is dumb. We need a LH SP. Snell. 

1 hour ago, G54377 said:

Unfortunately I think the Giants are one of the teams that will convince themselves they are still in the race when they are really not.

You might be right.  I think the hope is they want to thread a needle and feel the need to trade pitching for hitting/prospects.  Especially with Ray coming back. Maybe a 3 team deal where another team provides a hitter, an SP comes our way, and our prospects fill gaps as needed.

Contenders trading SPs is rare but that's the hope with a thin sellers market.

There looks to be a fair share of pitchers on the trade market pitching tomorrow with Orioles off I am sure Elias and scouts will be watching closely.  One start won’t make a huge difference but could move the ball a bit one way or another.  Tomorrow Littell, Skubal, Fedde, Anderson, and Snell all starting.  

2 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Yates looked good against the O's today.  Would like to see him soon in an O's uniform.

They are 5 games back in the division. If the O's were 5 games back in the division on July 21st would you want them to sell?

Tanner Scott brilliant again this weekend.

48 hours from now is still a week in advance of the deadline, but Scott and/or Puk being in our bullpen not theirs could mean something for those games.    Elias likes all the data on the totality of the market, but I don't believe any of the "maybe dumpers" have a left handed reliever that could unseat the Marlins guys as top pitchers to attack Gunnar Henderson or Juan Soto with this fall.

Dodgers picked up the old postseason hero Nick Anderson the Royals gave up on.

Miguel Rojas just left the Dodgers game against the Red Sox with “forearm tightness.” Could be nothing, but there had been a lot of talk that Betts would go to 2B when he returned — with Rojas sticking at SS. But if Rojas is out for a while, and Betts has to play SS again, they have a pretty big need for competent play at both 2B and 3B.

That would likely make the Dodgers the best potential suitor for Urias. Maybe they’ll seek a better option, but they’re rumored to be heavily in on pitching. Urias would be a pretty affordable way to go from “bad” to “decent,” with some position flex to accommodate their unusual situation.

1 hour ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Yates looked good against the O's today.  Would like to see him soon in an O's uniform.

Don't know if the Rangers will be sellers.  They have to be losing between now and the deadline.   They won today.  Then play the White Sox for 4 and the troubled Blue Jays.