The 2024 Trade Deadline

1 minute ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Is this a fanfare prediction, or do you have some reason/source to call it an educated prediction?

I don't have any inside sources. I'm just taking a educated guess. The Orioles are interested in Tanner Scott and the Marlins have several pitchers that haven't been traded yet. Everything appears to be lining up for the Orioles and Marlins to make a trade. I'm still holding out hope that the Orioles acquire the young ace pitcher from Detroit.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Why would the Giants trade Snell when they are only 3.5 GB?  Unless it’s for mlb ready offense. 

41 minutes ago, dzorange said:

He personally doesn’t believe that so it doesnt’t count.

3 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

The Orioles really need to add another starting pitcher by 6pm tomorrow. Povich isn't good enough and Suarez was ok earlier in the season, but is better suited for the bullpen.

I’m also not convinced that Kremer is ever gonna get “right” this year.

2 minutes ago, LockUpTheGunner said:

I don't have any inside sources. I'm just taking an educated guess. The Orioles are interested in Tanner Scott and the Marlins have several pitchers that haven't been traded yet. Everything appears to be lining up for the Orioles and Marlins to make a trade. I'm still holding out hope that the Orioles acquire the young ace pitcher from Detroit.

I could dig Luzardo as an added one. Throw him in the #5, high upside.

7 minutes ago, Orioles Jim said:

I’m also not convinced that Kremer is ever gonna get “right” this year.

Ideally Kremer is the SP5 after tomorrow and Suarez goes to the bullpen. That would position the Orioles well and Suarez can be an asset out of the bullpen.

• Upvote 2

Am I the only one that doesn’t think we need a 5th starter improvement per se? It would be nice, but come playoffs it’s not needed. If I had to choose, I’d rather get a big time BP arm.

Now I can understand wanting to improve the ceiling of our rotation with a Snell, Flaherty, etc. But I don’t think we need another starter just to make sure our #5 spot is better. 

Edited by Grt 2BA FL Gator