The 2024 Trade Deadline

6 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

DraftKings has player prop bets for who will play where after 7/30/2024.  I'll include O's related lines...

Crochet - CWS +110, LAD +350, O's +600

Miller - Oak -210, LAD +550, O's +800

Scott - LAD +310, O's +330

Skubal - Tigers -310, Dodgers +500, O's +500 - Tied with LAD if Detroit trades him

Kikuchi - O's +450, Any other team +500 Dodgers +550

Flaherty, Robert, Jazz, Arozarena - We're lumped in with "Every other team"

We're the favorites to land Kikuchi.  FWIW.  

So if the line suddenly changes drastically it's the owner placing a huge bet before Elias seals the deal!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

So if the line suddenly changes drastically it's the owner placing a huge bet before Elias seals the deal!

I think it is likely the owners are held to the same standards as the players when it comes to betting on MLB. 

19 minutes ago, G54377 said:

I don't understand. @Sports Guy says he sucks? Why would cost more?

I didn’t necessarily say he sucks. I said I don’t want to give up assets, roster him and pay him his salary the next few years.

There is nothing in particular about him that interests me. I would rather have Eflin at more money next year, as an example.

Is he a league average-ish guy?  Sure but 🤷‍♂️

22 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think pretty much everyone here agrees with that.

Hope it works.

I don't know about agree but I think we all expect it like Meoli does. I'm not sure he's doing anything other than speculating based on Elias' track record. He is probably right. 

It would be a shame to not capitalize on the one year of Burnes. 

59 minutes ago, RVAOsFan said:

I think it is likely the owners are held to the same standards as the players when it comes to betting on MLB. 

In general, that's not true in sports.

Jim Irsay's history with drugs and alcohol abuse .... if an NFL player had that history, he would be out of the game after after exhausting his 2nd/3rd/whatever chance.   And Irsay never had to take mandatory drug tests (that I know of).

But he still owns the Indianapolis football team.

14 minutes ago, interloper said:

I don't know about agree but I think we all expect it like Meoli does. I'm not sure he's doing anything other than speculating based on Elias' track record. He is probably right. 

It would be a shame to not capitalize on the one year of Burnes. 

I could see us getting one of Anderson/Kikuchi. Then one of Scott/Estevez. Those would be rental pickups. 

Then Skubal would be the trade up in the air. 

Maybe Elias gets creative and sells Mountcastle+ for one of the back end Seattle SP.