The 2024 Trade Deadline

25 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Less costly = Kikuchi, Anderson, and one of Scott/Estevez. 

Can you please tell me what you see in Kikuchi? 

Id stand pat before adding him. 

Edited by Roll Tide

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

In general, that's not true in sports.

Jim Irsay's history with drugs and alcohol abuse .... if an NFL player had that history, he would be out of the game after after exhausting his 2nd/3rd/whatever chance.   And Irsay never had to take mandatory drug tests (that I know of).

But he still owns the Indianapolis football team.

Right, but the drugs and alcohol are different from the legal gambling.  Sites like draft kings are regulated and I imagine most everyone affiliated with a professional sport are prohibited from betting on it including the owner.

1 minute ago, RVAOsFan said:

Right, but the drugs and alcohol are different from the legal gambling.  Sites like draft kings are regulated and I imagine most everyone affiliated with a professional sport are prohibited from betting on it including the owner.

I’m betting you are right 

3 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Kremer is currently the number 3. According to Fangraphs, Kikuchi has 2.2 WAR this season and Kremer has 0.1. Bref has them at 0.4 and -0.5. Kikuchi was better by both measures last year as well. He’s not great but the current options are very bad, so he’s an upgrade. 

11 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Right now we’re the betting favorite to land him. 

Stuff is going to change over the next week or so.  There’s not much available right now. I’d like to see us get two SP. Kikuchi could fill one spot as a pure rental. Anderson or Fedde could fill the other spot as a guy with 1.5 seasons left. 

3 hours ago, HowAboutThat said:

Boy, 238 pages…

What WILL we talk about after next week?

Favorite brand of pizza?

you really think people won't be starting threads on who to trade and sign in the offseason after every other lose??

3 hours ago, HowAboutThat said:

Boy, 238 pages…

What WILL we talk about after next week?

Favorite brand of pizza?

The actual games?  The players who actually play for the team?   

I offer the following free of charge.  Remember, we are competing with other teams.

1. Kyle Stowers and Keegan Akin for Carlos Estevez

(The Angels aren’t rebuilding.  They want ML ready players.)

2. Connor Norby + Dylan Beavers + Jackson Baumeister for Erick Fedde

(  Fedde is probably the best pitcher after Skubal and Crochet and probably a better bet to pitch for the next 15 months.  

3. Aron Estrada + Luis DeLeon for Tanner Scott

(Many teams will be after Scott.  Marlins (Bendix) will take talent that’s further away but might turn out to be a steal).

4. Jud Fabian + Seth Johnson for Yusei Kikuchi 

5. Mountcastle to Cincy or Pitt for prospect

6. Mullins to Philly for prospect

Rotation

Burnes - GRod - Fedde - Kikuchi - Kremer

Bullpen

Kimbrel - Scott - Estevez - (Coulombe) - Cano - Webb - Perez - Suarez

Lineup

1B O’Hearn/Mayo - 2B Holliday - SS Henderson - 3B Westburg

C Rutschman  LF Kjerstad  CF Cowser  RF Santander  DH Mayo/O’Hearn

Bench 

McCann, Urias, Mateo, Hays

The Athletic reporting the Reds making relievers on expiring contracts (so not Fernando Cruz!) available.

Justin Wilson and Nick Martinez have the stronger K-bb's around 20; Buck Farmer and Lucas Sims around 11-12.

Benchmarks for 2024 pitching as RP in K-bb at 20 innings minimum, 244 arms total as of today:

>30 - the top 6 performers by that metric, including Yimi Garcia, and the Padres Jeremiah Estrada who we will get to see this weekend.

>23 - 90th percentile

>19 - 75th percentile

>15 - 50th percentile

Orioles RP readouts - Coulombe 27, Kimbrel 26, Akin 22, Webb 12, Cano 12, Cionel 9, Tate 9

All the talk is Skubal and he would be a great addition, but I'd like one of the Seattle pitchers almost as much.

Gilbert or Kirby for Mountcastle, Mullins (or whoever the Phillies send for him), Norby and Kremer.

27 minutes ago, LGOrioles said:

Kremer is currently the number 3. According to Fangraphs, Kikuchi has 2.2 WAR this season and Kremer has 0.1. Bref has them at 0.4 and -0.5. Kikuchi was better by both measures last year as well. He’s not great but the current options are very bad, so he’s an upgrade. 

Kikuchi also has a 3.57 FIP and 28 BB  125 K  in  111 IP.   That’s not exactly awful.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, orioles22 said:

All the talk is Skubal and he would be a great addition, but I'd like one of the Seattle pitchers almost as much.

Gilbert or Kirby for Mountcastle, Mullins (or whoever the Phillies send for him), Norby and Kremer.

Probably still going to involve Holliday for 4 years of Kirby. Maybe you can get bullpen piece  from Mariners with all 3.

7 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Kikuchi also has a 3.57 FIP and 28 BB  125 K  in  111 IP.   That’s not exactly awful.

I like buying him when his peripherals outperform his ERA. Kikuchi is a good bet IMHO.

• Upvote 1