The 2024 Trade Deadline

20 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

For conspiracy theorists, Jackson Holliday playing SS today.  For a player coming back from elbow pain and being a DH every other day while they ease him back, seems odd to play him at SS this soon where it definitely puts more stress on the arm.   Did another team ask to see him there to get an up-to-date look at the arm?   Inquiring Tiger fans, I mean Oriole fans, want to know.

Or has the sell-off begun?!? Has the FO become exhausted of Gunnar’s play and we just witnessed his last game in an Orioles uniform? 

Edited by emmett16
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

Nothing wrong with saying we’re playing poorly right now.   Everyone knows that.   Saying Kimbrel got ahead and through one down the middle, especially when it wasn’t (I didn’t see it) is not good form.   “I don’t think Craig got that ball where he wanted too but I don’t really know.  You’d have to ask him” seems like a better response to me.

Kimbrel doesn’t command the ball to the inside at all. Hitters are sitting middle-away. He can be effective but he has to get the heater up. 

Either way he didn’t really rip him. Just stated a base was open and poor location.  

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

A guy who's got what, 4.5 years of team control left, will now be significantly cheaper because of an injury that will cut that down to about 4.4 years?

I didn’t say considerably… I was basically saying Scott for a trade comparable to what Philly gave up …2 #25 - 30 org prospects. 

I said , Basallo, Stowers , Povich, and Irvin for Miller and Rooker. Maybe you need another player but this is probably close.

1 minute ago, Roll Tide said:

So if the Orioles, Yankees, Red Sox continue to play poorly it won’t matter who wins the division. They will get bounced when the playoffs arrives. I haven’t given up but they are playing like crap. Losing is one thing errors, dropped pop ups, bad throwing errors , misplayed flyballs, lack of hustle  ….Where is the veteran leadership by Santander? The manager and his coaches? 

Are the errors effort related or mental? I’m seeing mental mistakes.  

Ben mentioned on telecast about leadership. They are going thru a rough patch. It’s very hard to watch it. We all know they are better. So do they.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, clapdiddy said:

Umm...who are you talking about?

Edited my sarcastic post for clarity 😎

Gunnar. The sell-off has likely begun.  This team is trash…..  

Edited by emmett16

13 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

We’re in first place by 1 or 2 games depending on the Yankee game and you guys are talking about packing it in?    OMG

I said I have thought that. Where did I say we should pack it in?

Just now, Roll Tide said:

So if the Orioles, Yankees, Red Sox continue to play poorly it won’t matter who wins the division. They will get bounced when the playoffs arrives. I haven’t given up but they are playing like crap. Losing is one thing errors, dropped pop ups, bad throwing errors , misplayed flyballs, lack of hustle  ….Where is the veteran leadership by Santander? The manager and his coaches? 

Lack of hustle?  That’s a new one on me.  The leadership seemed fine when we won 100 games last year and up until a month ago.   Boy, guys just decided to stop leading.   

I have a better question.  Where is the common sense and reasoning gene located in your body or were you born without one?

If leadership overcame everything, Earl Weaver would have won 15 championships instead of ONE.

2 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Ben mentioned on telecast about leadership. They are going thru a rough patch. It’s very hard to watch it. We all know they are better. So do they.  

This is where it’s time for a leader to show up. That might not be the best player or the player longest on the team but it has to be. Someone. 

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

Some effort, some mental, some just bad defense! Either way I don’t care. These are professional baseball players making thousands/millions to play baseball. It’s time to start performing like professionals.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

Or has the sell-off begun?!? Has the FO become exhausted of Gunnar’s play and we just witnessed his last game in an Orioles uniform? 

Yep.  Too many errors.  If he was trying harder, no errors.  Needs a kick in the ass.  Why can’t Santander and Hyde and the coaches be real leaders and make him stop being human?

25 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Lack of hustle?  That’s a new one on me.  The leadership seemed fine when we won 100 games last year and up until a month ago.   Boy, guys just decided to stop leading.   

I have a better question.  Where is the common sense and reasoning gene located in your body or were you born without one?

If leadership overcame everything, Earl Weaver would have won 15 championships instead of ONE.

Did you watch the game today? There were a couple plays where lack of hustle were mentioned. Play your insults on somebody else. And have a little integrity over being a HOMER! They are playing like DOG CRAP and the criticism is deserved.

Edited by Roll Tide
Catering to the baby in the room 😂