The 2024 Trade Deadline

8 minutes ago, Malike said:

SFG are in an interesting position. They can't sign power hitters, because their park is where power hitters go to die, but they have a real need in acquiring some. I like Webb even though his statcast data is bad, but if we're giving up Mayo/Basallo I'd want it to be for a starter who strikes people out. Webb throws a lot of GB but I'm not very inspired by our IF defense this season, I'd rather have a guy who misses bats.

I think Webb is better than Sonny Gray. And I'm not sure who else out there we can acquire that will be better. I am certainly for acquiring the best starter possible (who is under contract beyond this season). We also will need a reliever too. But the reliever shouldn't cost as much (unless it's Miller). And we have Bautista returning next year so if the reliever is a rental that is fine.

I saw on a show online someone propose a Crochet trade of Povich, Norby, and Beavers.

to me this an underpay but interesting hearing someone not on OH and without any O’s bias propose this as a trade package 

Also I’m sure it’s sacrilege here, but have to say I watched Jack Flaherty against Fedde last night. Flaherty was absolutely dominant.  Well aware how bad he was in Baltimore, but he seems to have found something. In Detroit this year.

3 hours ago, casadeozo said:

I saw on a show online someone propose a Crochet trade of Povich, Norby, and Beavers.

to me this an underpay but interesting hearing someone not on OH and without any O’s bias propose this as a trade package 

That might get the O's Fedde.

15 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

That would be a horrible trade for the Os

LOL.  Billy Boxscore who says Povich doesn’t throw enough strikes to be successful and loves swing and miss, thinks trading Povich (he’ll be closer to Huskerfan!) and two players who may never start for the Orioles for an elite arm that is top of the scale in whiffs, strikeouts and walk rate and has 2+ years of control is a “horrible trade”.     We can debate the merits and all of this innings limit BS.   There’s ways around that if you really believe it.   Crochet is an elite talent.   Even Billy Boxscore has to concede that.

image.thumb.png.8278e5393ddc97f07f9045e2487e2eca.png

Yankees may have a DH opening in stars and scrubs lineup as Giancarlo strained a hamstring running 2nd to home on a double.

On my Giancarlo running injury jump to conclusions internal chronometer, I'll guess at least a month long absence.    Probably two.

Those danged other aspects of baseball apart from hitting it harder than any other human can be confounding.

Bad luck stack wise for NYY as if Jasson was healthy it could almost be a Ubaldo pothole kind of thing, but Jasson also is sidelined for a good bit right now.

56 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

LOL.  Billy Boxscore who says Povich doesn’t throw enough strikes to be successful and loves swing and miss, thinks trading Povich (he’ll be closer to Huskerfan!) and two players who may never start for the Orioles for an elite arm that is top of the scale in whiffs, strikeouts and walk rate and has 2+ years of control is a “horrible trade”.     We can debate the merits and all of this innings limit BS.   There’s ways around that if you really believe it.   Crochet is an elite talent.   Even Billy Boxscore has to concede that.

image.thumb.png.8278e5393ddc97f07f9045e2487e2eca.png

I think he was talking about Fedde.

I would definitely trade Norby + for Fedde but I don't think I would go for the full Norby/Povich/Beavers package.  There was a reason that Fedde had to go overseas to get a job.  He's more of a #4/5 to soak up innings than someone I would expect to make a difference in the playoffs.  If your team spends 80% of their high picks on position prospects at some point you have to even the team's strengths.  The O's aren 't going to win the World Series with a bunch of 12-11 and 9-> games.

6 hours ago, Malike said:

I think so too. I mean, he literally quoted the Fedde proposal. 🤷‍♂️

image.thumb.png.3e10aeb54d44b55017ac87ba1fcf8b10.png

Lol.  Ok.   This was the original post.  

“I saw on a show online someone propose a Crochet trade of Povich, Norby, and Beavers.“

But I see that someone else mentioned that might get Fedde and he responded to that.  Oh well, a great post but misguided.   Lol

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Greg Pappas said:

BTW, who is Billy Boxscore?

Inside joke.  That’s what the since banned HuskerFan called SportsGuy in their disagreements about Povich.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1