Saturday 6/1 vs the Devil Rays with Bradish on the mound.

Just now, Billy F-Face3 said:

Our bullpen is going to have to pitch Akin and Vieira today so we need all the runs we can muster.

Yep - just looked at Roster Resource and all of the Top 5 relievers used yesterday - none of Tate, Akin or Vieira down the chain.

Webb just 19 pitches combined counting today already, so I'd guess Hyde hopes to collect another out or three with him.

2 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

Javy Lopez get sent to AAA or is he cut from the Mets totally?

Any interest in him?  

Mets retiring Darryl Strawberry's number this afternoon.    I saw Chris Russo and Brian Kenny (both young reporters around Straw's Mets in the 80's) reminiscing on air this week how Jorge a few days back was weak sauce by what they cut their teeth on.

4 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Yep - just looked at Roster Resource and all of the Top 5 relievers used yesterday - none of Tate, Akin or Vieira down the chain.

Webb just 19 pitches combined counting today already, so I'd guess Hyde hopes to collect another out or three with him.

Webb is just what the doctor ordered so far. If we can get a couple more runs it might be safe for Veira and Akin.