Norby and Vespi coming up?

Bird Lady

4 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Does anyone think Norby is going to get any starts at 2B?   I say he’s lucky to get one over the next week.  I think he’s simply here as insurance.  An emergency replacement if Westburg or Urias go down to injury in a game.  Same thing in the outfield.  He might get some PH opportunities against LHP.   I’m guessing one start.  I’m not sure where.

I think he’ll start vs LHP but that’s it. Urias will play 3B vs RHP and Norby will otherwise only be available to pinch hit. Very curious where it will be because it will be telling what they think of his defense, since 2B would work best with the rest of the roster right now.  If it’s not at 2B, then Hays is also going to play vs LHP, so maybe it’s Norby LF, Hays RF and Santander DH.

16 minutes ago, interloper said:

Hey, it's more than Ortiz got! I still sort of expect him to go right back down in 7 days. I don't really think he's going to provide more value than Mateo anyway in the short term. 

He got a legit uniform number. Sign of something?

2 minutes ago, CaptainRedbeard said:

I think he’ll start vs LHP but that’s it. Urias will play 3B vs RHP and Norby will otherwise only be available to pinch hit. Very curious where it will be because it will be telling what they think of his defense, since 2B would work best with the rest of the roster right now.  If it’s not at 2B, then Hays is also going to play vs LHP, so maybe it’s Norby LF, Hays RF and Santander DH.

Norby, to my surprise, is starting at 2B tonight.  I hope he does great and makes it hard to send him back down.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Tony do you think Norby can handle Camden Yards LF or is he more of a home RF?

I haven't seen him enough to know whether his jumps and routes are good enough, but he has the foot speed. He's been improving out there and he clearly throws we from out there. 

1 hour ago, spleen1015 said:

DFAing Vieira let's me sleep more soundly tonight. Got to wonder why this didn't happen before Sunday's game since they were short in the pen after Saturday's game. 

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, interloper said:

No. I'm not sure why he would start over Urias, who has faced a lot of these division pitchers before. We're desperately trying to catch the Yankees and Norby learning ML pitchers he's never seen before on the fly during a stretch of divisional games is not doing anything for us. 

I predict Norby outperforms Holliday's numbers in his first go round.....I'm going out on a limb here

10 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

DFAing Vieira let's me sleep more soundly tonight. Got to wonder why this didn't happen before Sunday's game since they were short in the pen after Saturday's game. 

I wondered that too. It maybe shows that they don't really want to bring up Baker, Krook, or the other guys who haven't been up yet. Vespi and Heasley have been the callups repeatedly, and neither could be called up before Sunday unless there was an IL move.

Just now, gamiliel said:

I predict Norby outperforms Holliday's numbers in his first go round.....I'm going out on a limb here

Norby is the more experienced player so it wouldn't be a surprise if he got off to a hot start. The question with Norby is going to be his defense and if he looks like a major league caliber fielder.

10 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I am somewhat surprised they didn’t send down Tate since he was used last 2 games. Would have been nice to add 2 fresh bullpen arms.