Trade Partner: Seattle

2 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

How so?

Are you assuming that we are the only trade partner that can make them a better team?

Obviously I expect them to make the deal that most helps them.

But if the O's give them the best deal it would be dumb to refuse to deal with them.

Out of these four starters is there any possibility the Mariners would part with one of them if they got enough hitting talent back in return? Logan Gilbert, Luis Castillo, Bryce Miller and George Kirby.  I don't see Bryan Woo being available.

Kirby isn't likely to be available either  the more I think about it so that leave Gilbert, Castillo and Miller.

Castillo is also under contract through 2028 so he's likely to be very expensive. It seems unlikely to me the Mariners trade a starter to the Orioles for lineup help.

Edited by OsFanSinceThe80s

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Obviously I expect them to make the deal that most helps them.

But if the O's give them the best deal it would be dumb to refuse to deal with them.

If a deal that makes them 5% better also makes us 5% better, it doesn’t really help them.

1 minute ago, DirtyBird said:

If a deal that makes them 5% better also makes us 5% better, it doesn’t really help them.

Sure it does.

It helps them in the regular season.  Do you think they should go into the playoffs only thinking about the Orioles?  What if the O's, I don't know, get swept by the WC team in the first round?  As ridiculous as that sounds.

• Upvote 1

Elias and Dipoto probably do have collusion scenarios in which they could goose the odds of a BAL or SEA AL championship.

Are there any Orioles aside from Gunnar you wouldn't trade for George Kirby?

Adley Rutschman for George Kirby...who says no?

I'll hang up now.

Just now, Just Regular said:

Elias and Dipoto probably do have collusion scenarios in which they could goose the odds of a BAL or SEA AL championship.

I'll hang up now.

I'm not signing up for 5 games a week with McCann at catcher.  Nosireebob.

7 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Sure it does.

It helps them in the regular season.  Do you think they should go into the playoffs only thinking about the Orioles?  What if the O's, I don't know, get swept by the WC team in the first round?  As ridiculous as that sounds.

That’s dumb

8 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

I'll hang up now.

I don't see a contending team trading from an established area of strength. The Mariners might be willing to trade pitching, but it's going to be their prospects and the Orioles are willing to trade position players who are also prospects.

I'm sure the Orioles could trade Westburg to get a starting pitcher or elite bullpen arm, but Elias isn't even going to consider it.

Best bet for veteran help is going to be teams no positioning themselves for the postseason.