So, who WOULD you trade?

Roy Firestone

8 hours ago, Yossarian said:

With the way pitchers drop like flies,  I don't know that I would sacrifice any of the top 4 or 5 prospects (or cowser/Westberg/Kjerstad) for an ace.   I would look for serviceable guys and buy in bulk that you could plug in as guys go down to injury. 

Unfortunately, I don't think any Ace is available.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I mean, I don’t want to trade Westburg, but if he were traded, we have several good options for 2B/3B.  And he’d bring back a ton of value.   So, he’s not on my can’t trade list.  

Next to Gunnar Henderson , Westburg is the best all around player we have. No way should he be traded. I'd rather lose in the first wild card round than lose him. We can fix or improve the pitching in other ways, or in the offseason. Westburg , next to Gunnar, is  the best all around player we have...losing him would be a horrific mistake..

2 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

Next to Gunnar Henderson , Westburg is the best all around player we have. No way should he be traded. I'd rather lose in the first wild card round than lose him. We can fix or improve the pitching in other ways, or in the offseason. Westburg , next to Gunnar, is  the best all around player we have...losing him would be a horrific mistake..

You have Holliday to play second and Mayo to play third.  Losing Westburg would be preferable over lose either of those guys.

That said, I don’t think you trade during the season but if the Tigers offered us Skubal and they wanted Westburg or Mayo, Westburg is the player I’m trading.

1 minute ago, Roy Firestone said:

OK, we’ll just keep either Coby Mayo or Jackson Holliday in the minors for the next 5 years, or trade one of them, then.   Because they play the two positions Westburg plays.  

2 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

I like the "Costco " pitching open...buy in bulk...and keep the reserves ready....

That's right...and Elias should get credit for doing a great job of enhancing the value of guys. Norby and Stowers showed just enough promise to make them very enticing to other teams (even though we might have liked to see them get more playing time). 

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

OK, we’ll just keep either Coby Mayo or Jackson Holliday in the minors for the next 5 years, or trade one of them, then.   Because they play the two positions Westburg plays.  

I don’t think he’s suggesting that. One could argue that there is room for all three if you aren’t carrying 2 1B and when you clear Mateo and Urias

• Upvote 1

Between now and the deadline, I trade Hays and Urias and then add a RH OFer more capable of playing CF.(unless they feel Mateo can be that guy)

I make Mountcastle available if it nets me a piece that helps right now (I would trade him in the offseason for pieces that are far away if that’s the best offer). I’d be ok with trading Santander for a similar return thought process as Mounty as well.

Im trading any prospect that isn’t amongst our top 4 prospects (Silent J included) but would prefer to not move Liranzo, Arias, Forret, DeLeon and Sosa. I would consider Kjerstad in a Mason Miller or Crochet trade although it would depend what else is in the deal.  I would move Kjerstad for Skubal but not pairing him with any of the other top 3. (I don’t find any of these 3 scenarios all that likely, this my stance of not trading him)

Estevez and Nardi (if made available) would be my top 2 BP targets as of today.(meaning, we know those teams are sellers but who else will be?)

I would consider Fedde but not overpaying for him. He’s not worth Kjerstad imo and that is what they would want I think.

Id consider several of the Marlins starters (medicals pending) and Detmers as well.

I don't think Elias will trade Westburg.

For me he is the O's starting LF next year.    Mostly because he is easier to change positions than Holliday or Mayo.

LF/3B/2B Westburg,   CF/OF Cowser,  RF/DH Kjerstad

I think likely targets for Elias are Scherzer or Flaherty.    Either could be a #3 the way they are pitching.   I could see Elias extending Flaherty before he becomes a FA.

Both the Rangers and Tigers are likely sellers at the deadline.

Elias can probably get either starter without trading Holliday, Basallo, Mayo or Kjerstad.

Bradfield, Norby, Stowers, Beavers, Fabian, Hovarth, Pham are among the players I see as most tradable.

The thought of trading Mountcastle or Santander at the deadline does not seem likely at all to me.

Edited by wildcard

2 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

Instead of trading Westburg , how about trading Mounty ?  I rather gamble Mayo on 1B instead at 3B , where Westburg plays better at . Mounty has some value too . 

• Upvote 1

Holliday should be the one to be traded

He still has the shine of being the #1 prospect, but I don't think that lofty rating would be met by a 2B. Someone who likes him at SS should be willing to give up the type of pitching talent the O's need.

With Gunner, Westburgh, Norby, and Mayo we don't need an infielder and we need to trade big to get the necessary return

9 minutes ago, Allan Bryant said:

Instead of trading Westburg , how about trading Mounty ?  I rather gamble Mayo on 1B instead at 3B , where Westburg plays better at . Mounty has some value too . 

Agree. Trade Mountcastle, let Mayo/OHearn share 1B, where they’d be a Lh/FH Tandem and Mayo’s defense wouldn’t be as troublesome, let Mayo stay at 3B, Holliday 2B, and Mateo as Swiss Army Knife.

easy peasy.

The time is right to trade a Mountcastle and or Santander. We have the young players to plug and play in their spots. I’m not a big fan of dealing the up and comers, would much rather trade the more veteran guys and fill in with our incredible minor league depth. 

So for me, I’d make Mount, Santander, O’hearn and Urias available and see what interest they bring

• Upvote 1