Poll - Would you trade Cowser, McDermott, Norby, and Stowers for Crochet?

sportsfan8703

Poll - Would you trade Cowser, McDermott, Norby, and Stowers for Crochet?  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Poll - Would you trade Cowser, McDermott, Norby, and Stowers for Crochet?

• Yes
    • No

2 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

That is a little much for me. I would want Robert coming back with Crochet if we are giving up that much. 

I would be open to Cowser and perhaps one guy from OP's group for Crochet.

I’m not getting on you, but why would CWS from their perspective trade Crochet for less than what was offered for Cease?

I’m among this trade all day and twice on Sunday.  It’s not a robbery. Just fair. 

Edited by sportsfan8703

1 minute ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I’m not getting on you, but why would CWS from their perspective trade Crochet for less than what was offered for Cease?

Where are you getting that we offered that much? All they ended up getting was MLB #85 and a few guys lower than that. If they passed on Cowser that was extremely dumb of them and if I were a fan I would hope they don't pass on him again as his stock has risen.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

IMG_5659.jpeg

always love when people nit pick at time frames when there is an entire year, i can pop up a season stat total between Cowser & Carrol and say Cowser is the 100x better player but that is just not the case. 

13 minutes ago, Winter said:

always love when people nit pick at time frames when there is an entire year, i can pop up a season stat total between Cowser & Carrol and say Cowser is the 100x better player but that is just not the case. 

There were close to 1k pages of posts in the offseason, across two boards, for the same trade for Cease. Crochet has the extra half season of control and an extra postseason. 

Edited by sportsfan8703

It's closer than the vote totals seem to indicate IMO.  I honestly wouldn't be against it because I do think Crochet is top shelf talent.  And it does cash out some strong/buried assets too.

I landed on appreciating what Cowser adds all around vs. questioning the bump he'd provide for 2024.  

Too many eggs in one basket for me.  Usually you either go quantity or quality.  This feels like both quality and quantity.  You are trading away 3 possibly 4 guys that can go directly into their starting lineup.  You never see a 4 for 1 with that much major league ready guys.  It usually 1 or 2 major league guys then a few lottery tickets with some upside.   Cease got you one major league ready prospect, a 21 year old decent pitcher in AA, A young toolsy outfielder in A ball and a 29 year old relief pitcher in the majors.  

I wouldn't give up both Cowser and Stowers in the same deal.  I know we have a glut of left-handed OF but trading two would leave us with little depth.  I'd rather give Stowers a longer look than deal him as the 4th piece in a deal with Cowser when we have other guys of similar (limited) value.  I would be willing to headline a package with Cowser, though, for a high end pitcher like Crochet.

Something tells me that given all of the smoke around Cease in the offseason that there may be some fatigue between these front offices.  Seems unlikely that they make a deal if they weren't able to see eye to eye a few months ago.

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I’m among this trade all day and twice on Sunday.  It’s not a robbery. Just fair. 

Look what the White Sox asked for and then what they ended up getting.  Two completely different things.  They got one top prospect, two nice lottery tickets in A ball and a decent reliever.  

• Upvote 1